Identify knife

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Vfine54

Identify knife

Post by Vfine54 »

My father was an avid knife collector. When he passed in June he had approximately 7000. We are trying to organize and have no answer on this particular knife. Can any one help me identify this knife purpose with the unusual blade. Based on the tang we believe this case to be about 1968

Not sure if I can send a pic. 1 blade folding case brand

At the end of the blade it has a Half moon cut out. The cut out is not sharp and the point is not very sharp so it’s not used for cutting at that end. Ironically it feels like a comfortable spot to place your forefinger but it’s too long to do that comfortably and use the knife.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Identify knife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

To positively identify it we will need pictures. For instructions on posting pictures go here https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/ then scroll down to AAPK Tips and Tricks. Open that and scroll down to find directions for your device/software.

Based on your description I’m guessing the knife is what’s called a “One armed man” or razor knife. The blade was made like a straight razor, having what’s called a barbers notch in the end of the blade, such that it can be opened with one hand by simply catching the notch on something and flicking it open. The corner of a cabinet top, the seam on your jeans, etc will work nicely with a little practice. Case made several patterns having that blade so will need a picture to verify which one yours is.

Welcome to AAPK.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Vfine54 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:05 pm At the end of the blade it has a Half moon cut out.
Welcome here Vfine54.

Pictures are a big advantage, however is would guess that the "half moon cut out" is a catch to help you access the blade on your "One Armed man " knife.

Ken was quick on the keys ahead of me. He's got it. ::tu::
Joe
ea42

Post by ea42 »

I think this is the knife the guys are referring to. Does your knife resemble it minus the extra blade? Is there a number on the back tang of the main blade? I believe this is the Case Razor Barlow 62009R.
Case Razor Barlow.jpg
Eric

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”