New, but I’ll pass

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
MadeinUSA

New, but I’ll pass

Post by MadeinUSA »

$150 and apparently not made in USA (I could be wrong)

Just got this email about these new ones… I like the hardwood choices and look

Says “USA” on the blade… so maybe they are made here in the states?
344EF4D6-07BC-408A-BA90-131237FCA472.jpeg
MadeinUSA

Re: New, but I’ll pass

Post by MadeinUSA »

I looked again… appears they are made in USA… my mistake

I’m just used to seeing country of origin listed at online sites…
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Case is synonymous with made in U.S.A. To my knowledge they only put the Case name on knives made in the U.S.A. When/if I see the Case name on a knife I assume immediately it was made in U.S.A.

I know Case owns the made-in-China Tec-X brand, but those knives don’t have “Case” on them, at least not any I’ve seen.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:31 am Case is synonymous with made in U.S.A. To my knowledge they only put the Case name on knives made in the U.S.A. When/if I see the Case name on a knife I assume immediately it was made in U.S.A.

I know Case owns the made-in-China Tec-X brand, but those knives don’t have “Case” on them, at least not any I’ve seen.

Ken
Thank you… good explanation
robpa

Post by robpa »

ya know, for 50 -75 bucks more I can get a custom knife made that FAAAAR surpases that thing. These are overpriced. Seriously, I predict the end of American made case knives is looming. Jeez, what a shame. BUT, it should really escalate the value of good old Case knives.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

That wooden finger guard looks to me like it might be easily broken off. Maybe the handle slabs are thicker than I'm estimating them to be, but from my perspective, that just looks like a weak spot.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”