Ima wearing a double knit scuba dive suit

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
MrBlister

Ima wearing a double knit scuba dive suit

Post by MrBlister »

How bout this VVNNMM MINT 54 jus landed TX today? (oh boy ,, here goes the TX thang again)

Twas a Roy n Dale rooskie with a Nellie-belle flapper on the end,,

Luvin this thang...... enjoy all .. . and thanks all .. and . . .. .

HET all
Attachments
6254 004.JPG
6254 005.JPG
6254 003.JPG
XX Case XX

Re: Ima wearing a double knit scuba dive suit

Post by XX Case XX »

Very good looking Case. Deep color on the bone handles. Looks like it was made last week!! Very nice... ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Too nice to carry but that one would fit good in someone's pocket for many many years!!! NIce rooksie!! ::tu::

Tom
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

thnx Tom n Mike . .. always like to show em
for the viewing pleasures of the old members..
and education for new members..

HET now . . ..
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

A very beautiful knife, but with all due respect, I have to be honest - not much of an education for the new (newer guys).
I know what "54" is, but would a newbie?
I still have no idea what a rooskie is, nor a "Nellie-bell flapper on the end."
As a "collector in training", maker, model number with common nomenclature, year, handle material, color - this would educate a newbie (self included).

I mean no disrespect, but I do want to learn. Thanks! ::handshake::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Steve i do agree with what you say about wanting to know the factual 'stuff'. However everyone has their own style of posting. I like to include the salient details as succinctly as possible whereas some others post with some humor involved, etc.
Just as there are many types of collections there are many types of collectors and all i believe are welcome to post however they like. Variety eh, spice of life !
kj
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Never heard of a Nellie Bell Flapper ::woot:: ...We'll I never. Whoa Nellie. ::tu::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

As I recall, Nellie Belle was the name of the jeep owned by Roy Rogers' pal Pat Brady. Hence Mr. B's reference to "Roy n Dale". But I'm not sure about the flapper part! :lol:

Nice knife by the way! ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Nellie Belle sometimes sported a soft cover roof on the back. I just assumed that was the flapper. :D
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

You guys are starting to make sense out of Mr. B's obscure use of language............now that's disturbing. :shock: :shock: ::woot::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

kootenay joe wrote:Steve i do agree with what you say about wanting to know the factual 'stuff'. However everyone has their own style of posting. I like to include the salient details as succinctly as possible whereas some others post with some humor involved, etc.
Just as there are many types of collections there are many types of collectors and all i believe are welcome to post however they like. Variety eh, spice of life !
kj
Certainly gettin' an education 'bout Roy and Dale. :)
Humor I can appreciate. Variety is nice. And a good habanero sauce certainly adds spice to my life. ::super_happy::

Guess if I wanna know, I just gotta ask...
What's a "rooskie"?
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

It is a term that can be applied to the art of making a deal . Details of said deal can vary and sometimes range from slightly deceptive to an artful swap all the way up to an application of copious amounts of cash.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

Gregg... yer explanation is most accurate and well spoken . . .. .

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1988 ... -panhandle

https://forums.chargers.com/archive/ind ... 37121.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fumblerooski

http://www.wikihow.com/Fumblerooski

watch for it . . . ..

HET
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

"An artful swap"...well said, well said, indeed.

To many people in the knife world, however, "rooskie" is a highly charged term with extremely negative and vulgar connotations of underhandedness and deception signifying a grossly unbalanced or inequitable transaction in which one party takes advantage of the other to achieve a more advantageous outcome and is proud or even boastful of the deed. In the most egreious pejerorative sense, one party profits unfairly by using the ignorance, innocence, trust or naivete of the other party to swindle, cheat or abuse the other party involved in a knife deal.

Then there's the way Mr. Blister uses 'rooskie' which I believe is intended as a humorous all-purpose word to describe almost any trade, sale, swap or transaction regardless of any sinister intent by either party to come out ahead or take unfair advantage.

It's one of those words that you either love and find hilarious or hate and feel is derrogatory and inappropriate depending on which definition and perspective you choose to employ.

~Q~
~Q~
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

QTCut5 wrote:"An artful swap"...well said, well said, indeed.

To many people in the knife world, however, "rooskie" is a highly charged term with extremely negative and vulgar connotations of underhandedness and deception signifying a grossly unbalanced or inequitable transaction in which one party takes advantage of the other to achieve a more advantageous outcome and is proud or even boastful of the deed. In the most egreious pejerorative sense, one party profits unfairly by using the ignorance, innocence, trust or naivete of the other party to swindle, cheat or abuse the other party involved in a knife deal.

Then there's the way Mr. Blister uses 'rooskie' which I believe is intended as a humorous all-purpose word to describe almost any trade, sale, swap or transaction regardless of any sinister intent by either party to come out ahead or take unfair advantage.

It's one of those words that you either love and find hilarious or hate and feel is derrogatory and inappropriate depending on which definition and perspective you choose to employ.

~Q~
It is indeed a question of perspective! I have seen many people right here on this website describe finding a knife at a flea market or pawn shop for well under its value as a good deal. While others might classify that as using your knife knowledge to deprive the entrepreneur of the knifes true value.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

What scares me is I am starting to fully understand everything MrBlister is saying. :shock:
His "Clothing Closet" must be much larger than my wife's.
Ima usually wearing Levi's and an old white t-shirt. :(
However, beautiful knife MrBlister ::nod::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Nice knife, no education for sure.

Here is an education on use of the term Rooskie by the OP...

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51982

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Jdub

Post by Jdub »

Steve Warden wrote:A very beautiful knife, but with all due respect, I have to be honest - not much of an education for the new (newer guys).
I know what "54" is, but would a newbie?
I still have no idea what a rooskie is, nor a "Nellie-bell flapper on the end."
As a "collector in training", maker, model number with common nomenclature, year, handle material, color - this would educate a newbie (self included).

I mean no disrespect, but I do want to learn. Thanks! ::handshake::
This is what we're all talking about. This guy is on here for knowledge and wants to learn. This lingo only confuses him. No room for it.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

IMO it's too bad we can't all conduct ourselves with the level of clarity and maturity that I feel this site is deserving of. I find posting in gibberish hard to embrace given what I believe is the intended nature of this site. It certainly isn't one of the many positive factors that lead me here.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Now that I get it, I look forward to the OP's "Ima wearin" posts ! ::tu::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

Lansky1 wrote:Now that I get it, I look forward to the OP's "Ima wearin" posts ! ::tu::
No offense John. But I am guessing you did not read the link and links within said link I posted. When someone is told they have a POS knife and it is not in order to get said knife for a fraction of actual value from an unknowledgable seller, I find no honor or integrity in that personally. Looking forward to hearing a member brag on a screw job is not on my list of something I look forward to. To each his own...
If one knew what it really is, not benign behavior.
Et al,
I find it it unbelievable that I posted solid examples of this behavior that I have observed first hand by this "contributing member" (I guess contributions can be both positive and negative) documented yet some still choose to look past it for a future knife deal, minimize it for whatever reason and not call it what it obviously is.
Yea, tired of hearing some say matter of perspective. Take in jest or otherwise. When fact is pointed out and in your face and one chooses to say it is cute or whatever in light of said facts, that is a problem in my opinion and only further enables and promotes said behavior, in my opinion. We all make choices, right or wrong. Ultimately up to the God to judge that, in my opinion.

Regards, Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Ditto!
Roger
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

I was loading groceries into my car on Sunday evening after a long day at the homestead "downsizing" and I noticed that my wife had purchased some 12-packs of soda that were in the bottom of the carriage. I didn't remember the cashier ringing them up so I looked at the receipt and sure enough, they were forgotten. Without hesitation I went back inside, got back into the checkout line and paid for the soda. When I got back to my car my wife said it was their mistake and that I didn't need to go back in and pay. I kindly reminded her that we are all being watched and that someday a judgement will be made on how well we treated others, how much we loved and how much we gave back. I'd prefer to spend all of eternity in a place with good people like Jerry, Roger and Wayne swapping knives and stories forever and ever!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”