Curious

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
red5388

Curious

Post by red5388 »

I have 3 nine dots, a 6254, a 06247, and a 6208. They are all in mint condition, I know the value of them in today's market, I'm just curious how much were they brand new back in 1971?? ::shrug::
robinetn

Re: Curious

Post by robinetn »

Hope this helps . (You can click on the pic to enlarge)

Bob R. (RIDGEWOOD CUTLERY)
Attachments
003.JPG
004.JPG
red5388

Post by red5388 »

oh, that helped allot, thank you very much!!! ::tu::
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

ROB that catalog is soo cool... is there a copy
i can get to include XX's ?? thanks so much
big monk

Post by big monk »

Great list Bob_________back in 1971,I was making about $3 bucs an hour,so after taxes,I'd had to spend a whole days pay,for a couple of them Case knives ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ---------today,I've got to spend a whole days pay,just to buy one of them case knives, my how some things change!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

MrBlister wrote:ROB that catalog is soo cool... is there a copy
MrB ,
This is an excerpt from Dewey Ferguson's 1973 Edition of Romance Of Knife Collecting . The earliest price list is the effective Jan. 1 ,1970 suggested retail price. He does , however , have a collector price guide for tested , XX , and XX U.S.A. in his 1969 Romance handbook which would not be suggested retail but collector value as of 1969. When I get a chance I will try to get copies scanned and post them here (probably late this week). I do have duplicate copies of each his early 70's books which include these early suggested retail prices for sale in my shop for $10 each (the 8-1/2"x 5-1/2"size) .

robinetn

Post by robinetn »

big monk wrote:Great list Bob_________back in 1971,I was making about $3 bucs an hour,so after taxes,I'd had to spend a whole days pay,for a couple of them Case knives ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ---------today,I've got to spend a whole days pay,just to buy one of them case knives, my how some things change!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Monk ,

If you had sprung for a 6488 at $10 in 1970 it would be worth $400 today if you had taken care of it . Just think if you had bought knives instead of stashing all that cash in CD's .

Bob R.
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

robinetn wrote:
MrBlister wrote:ROB that catalog is soo cool... is there a copy
MrB ,
This is an excerpt from Dewey Ferguson's 1973 Edition of Romance Of Knife Collecting . The earliest price list is the effective Jan. 1 ,1970 suggested retail price. He does , however , have a collector price guide for tested , XX , and XX U.S.A. in his 1969 Romance handbook which would not be suggested retail but collector value as of 1969. When I get a chance I will try to get copies scanned and post them here (probably late this week). I do have duplicate copies of each his early 70's books which include these early suggested retail prices for sale in my shop for $10 each (the 8-1/2"x 5-1/2"size) .

Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

Hi Bob..
I'll glady purchase a price sheet, '
but could not find it on yer store site..
Could you kindly link me up..

thanks and regards.. Dave
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

Oh my God....those prices make me want to cry!! :shock: ::dang::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”