Case Knives Information

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Nightowl8201

Case Knives Information

Post by Nightowl8201 »

I received a box of knives from my uncle who was left them by his Grandfather.
The pictures I have are two of the knives that I could identify. Can anyone help with dating , and letting me know more about these 2 knives. I also need to get info on how to restore these , clean them without ruining their value or looks.

thanks for the help and I will post more pictures as I get some more cleaned up.
DSCN6476.JPG
DSCN6474.JPG
DSCN6473.JPG
DSCN6471.JPG
wazu013

Re: Case Knives Information

Post by wazu013 »

Night,
From here the tang stamps look like there from the Tested XX era which would put them 1920 to 1940. Clearer pics would help. As for restor I would just wash them and put some Rem oil on the moving parts and Ren wax the rest. One of the knife builders in this club will probably tell you what they would do. There are some good people in this forum.
Wazu
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Welcome to the forums.

Those are both 6205 patterns with green bone handles. The CASE TESTED stamp dates them to pre WWII.

The top knife had a "razor" master blade whic looks to have been reshaped, the notch in the handle was added by someone after the knife left the factory to make the main blade more accessible.

The lower knife looks to have a spear blade as the main blade.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Nightowl8201

Post by Nightowl8201 »

Thanks for the info-What a great site !
miked32
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by miked32 »

they both have razor type blades..dont they?
great looking old knives.. ::tu::

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”