Case Repair and Quality Control

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Ramrod

Re: Case Repair and Quality Control

Post by Ramrod »

Aimus Moses wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Aimus,
I've had similar experiences with Case recently. In a single word....PATHETIC
Mark
Mark, were your similar experienced "problem" Case knives repaired under Case's warranty or did you have to pay for the repair? I've never had a problem with a Case knife being repaired when "I" was pulling the $$ money $$ out of my pocket to pay for the parts, & repair labor. As I said in my other posts on this thread, the problem Case knives that I have gotten back were all repaired under Case's warranty. Now I don't know how Case Cutlery works at their factory, by that I mean they may start a new (greenhorn) employee out on repairing returned Case knives. How ever they are doing it, they definitely need to make a change because it's not working out right for the customer. At the prices of Case Cutlery knives, am I wrong to expect a knife to be repaired and fixed to where it is working correctly and looks good with no cosmetic problems?

Aimus
Aimus,
Yes, the problems I had involved warranty work as well. ::shrug::
Mark
Aimus Moses

Post by Aimus Moses »

Thanks Mark, that's what I figured and was wanting to know. Case Cutlery might not know it but they are going to repair 1 more of my Case brand knives, the one that THEY messed up. After they fix my knife (AGAIN) to my total satisfaction, I could care less if they go broke and shut their doors for good. I'll buy a Rough Rider China made knife before I ever buy another current era Case brand knife. And that's saying something because I'm anti-China anything. I don't see why Case Cutlery doesn't go ahead and start importing and selling China made Case brand knives. There's not much difference in the quality between them. If I wanted to spend my hard earned money on buying junk, I would have bought some of that China crap that SMKW and Frost has made up. Case Cutlery has ruined their self with me. I'm going to make it a point to tell anyone that's even thinking about buying a Case brand knife what they have done, and how their warranty repair really is. It's a shame how they have changed, Case used to really mean something. Not anymore.

Aimus
miked32
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by miked32 »

i think that Case has the best repairs department out there.i have sent several back over the years...got some back just last month and have been 100% satisfied every time...top notch in my book........ ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
LC

Post by LC »

Aimus Moses wrote:Thanks Mark, that's what I figured and was wanting to know. Case Cutlery might not know it but they are going to repair 1 more of my Case brand knives, the one that THEY messed up. After they fix my knife (AGAIN) to my total satisfaction, I could care less if they go broke and shut their doors for good. I'll buy a Rough Rider China made knife before I ever buy another current era Case brand knife. And that's saying something because I'm anti-China anything. I don't see why Case Cutlery doesn't go ahead and start importing and selling China made Case brand knives. There's not much difference in the quality between them. If I wanted to spend my hard earned money on buying junk, I would have bought some of that China crap that SMKW and Frost has made up. Case Cutlery has ruined their self with me. I'm going to make it a point to tell anyone that's even thinking about buying a Case brand knife what they have done, and how their warranty repair really is. It's a shame how they have changed, Case used to really mean something. Not anymore.

Aimus

Sorry about your experience with Case Repairs but you can keep all that Chinese stuff and Frost Cutlery and send all your Case Knives to me :shock: :shock:

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”