Newest Case Pick-Ups

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Newest Case Pick-Ups

Post by 1967redrider »

New Zippos, 1095 in Burlap Micarta and a red, white and blue swirled G-10 that just looks messy to me. From the new SMKW catalog.
Attachments
IMG_20220726_195524634.jpg
IMG_20220726_195612148.jpg
IMG_20220726_195544715.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

Just picked up this Jack knife. I did not realize it was a Case :oops: The main blade would not open. I just purchased it to see if I could fix it. I soaked it in oil and finally got it to open up. After I cleaned up the blade I could see CASE XX. ::uc:: She has had a lot of hard use but I still like it. ::nod::
Nev
Case XX open.jpg
Case XX.jpg
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

So far I am very happy with my latest Case ::tu:: I took a chance after seeing a You_tube review and ordered a Kinzua. It fits my hand just 'bout perfect. It has the makings of a great EDC ::nod::
Attachments
DSCF7276.JPG
DSCF7277.JPG
DSCF7278.JPG
DSCF7279.JPG
DSCF7280.JPG
DSCF7281.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

That is a fine looking flipper! I like the color on the handles and the stonewashed finish on the blade. ::tu::
steve99f
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I agree with what Steve said. It is a handsome looking piece.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I also agree with Steve, and hope the Kinzua works out well.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
TPK

Post by TPK »

Nev52 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:31 pm Just picked up this Jack knife. I did not realize it was a Case :oops: The main blade would not open. I just purchased it to see if I could fix it. I soaked it in oil and finally got it to open up. After I cleaned up the blade I could see CASE XX. ::uc:: She has had a lot of hard use but I still like it. ::nod::
NevCase XX open.jpgCase XX.jpg
Wow! Congrats Nev52! ::handshake:: Cool story & a great score! ::tu:: ::super_happy::
I like it too. ::nod:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
TPK

Post by TPK »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:13 pm So far I am very happy with my latest Case ::tu:: I took a chance after seeing a You_tube review and ordered a Kinzua. It fits my hand just 'bout perfect. It has the makings of a great EDC ::nod::
:shock: SWISHER!!! :mrgreen:

SWISHER SWEET! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::super_happy:: Love that red color! ::tu:: ::super_happy::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

TPK wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:44 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:13 pm So far I am very happy with my latest Case ::tu:: I took a chance after seeing a You_tube review and ordered a Kinzua. It fits my hand just 'bout perfect. It has the makings of a great EDC ::nod::
:shock: SWISHER!!! :mrgreen:

SWISHER SWEET! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::super_happy:: Love that red color! ::tu:: ::super_happy::
::nod:: I think it will replace a Benchmade Presidio in the EDC rotation for the time being.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

steve99f wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:44 pm That is a fine looking flipper! I like the color on the handles and the stonewashed finish on the blade. ::tu::

Post by Dan In MI »
I also agree with Steve, and hope the Kinzua works out well.

Post by Quick Steel »
I agree with what Steve said. It is a handsome looking piece.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your comments ::handshake:: I am very happy with it so far and I really like the fact it carries the Case XX Logo on it. As all of my other Case knives are of the "old school" variety it is a nice new addition to the group.

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Awesome pick-up, GSP. ::tu:: ::tu::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:45 am Awesome pick-up, GSP. ::tu:: ::tu::
Thanks R.R. ::handshake::

Tortoiseshell

Post by Tortoiseshell »

My newest and only serrated blade love it
Attachments
B36C9B53-DF5D-432D-B953-1A07BD0D07FD.jpeg
6528A7D3-CF5A-499C-850A-6D6E2E6F9059.jpeg
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Tortoiseshell wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:45 am My newest and only serrated blade love it
A "1st ISSUE" 207WHSS Honey Bone with serrated Wharncliffe secondary...OH, YEAH!! Now you're talking my language, Kimosabe! Schweet!!! ::tu:: 8)

(You might want to post that little gem in the 07 thread, too. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... start=1650 )
~Q~
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Great looking piece Tortoiseshell, congrats. Nice bones.

Well just got this back from Case. I asked them to fix the atrocious run up and the micarta scales were about twice as thick on mark side as pile. As you can see the micarta has been evened out, but the terrible tang run up still sucks. They ignored my request and didn't think the run up was bad enough to do anything about it. I'd be embarrassed to pull this out and use in case anyone wanted to look it over and saw how bad it was. They also polished up the micarta which I am not happy about. It had much better grip before I sent it back. Now it's slick and smooth. Liked it better more rough. Oh well, every 5 years or so I forget my last bad experience buying a new Case knife and swear I'll never do it again only to return like a dog to his vomit.
Attachments
thumbnail_20220808_160518.jpg
thumbnail_20220808_160419.jpg
thumbnail_20220808_160315.jpg
thumbnail_20220808_160338.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:14 am Well just got this back from the Case. I asked them to fix the atrocious run up and the micarta scales were about twice as thick on mark side as pile. As you can see the micarta has been evened out, but the terrible tang run up still sucks. They ignored my request and didn't think the run up was bad enough to do anything about it. I'd be embarrassed to pull this out and use in case anyone wanted to look it over and saw how bad it was. They also polished up the micarta which I am not happy about. It had much better grip before I sent it back. Now it's slick and smooth. Liked it better more rough. Oh well, every 5 years or so I forget my last bad experience buying a new Case knife and swear I'll never do it again only to return like a dog to his vomit.
Sorry to hear that, Ivoryman. As you know I also bought one of those and had similar issues. Instead of sending mine back to Case, I decided to send mine to BIGHEAD for a complete makeover. Here's the result. As you can see, the run up issue is still not perfect but at least it's been "disguised" by the file work. Although I liked the Micarta covers, I decided to go with my current fetish material: Natural Jade G-10, which is not as textured as the Micarta but I really like the translucent look. Just my way of dealing with a disappointing purchase (sort of like putting whip cream on a pile of doggie doo-doo!) :lol: ::mdm::

P8110007.JPG
P8110009.JPG
P8110008.JPG

One thing I will say about this knife: despite the atrocious run up, it has a very crisp, snappy walk & talk, so at least there's that. :|
~Q~
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I-Man, I'm sorry to hear of that experience. I, too, would have been displeased to have the Micarta polished up.

Q, your knife sure looks good!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:05 am
Ivoryman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:14 am Well just got this back from the Case. I asked them to fix the atrocious run up and the micarta scales were about twice as thick on mark side as pile. As you can see the micarta has been evened out, but the terrible tang run up still sucks. They ignored my request and didn't think the run up was bad enough to do anything about it. I'd be embarrassed to pull this out and use in case anyone wanted to look it over and saw how bad it was. They also polished up the micarta which I am not happy about. It had much better grip before I sent it back. Now it's slick and smooth. Liked it better more rough. Oh well, every 5 years or so I forget my last bad experience buying a new Case knife and swear I'll never do it again only to return like a dog to his vomit.
Sorry to hear that, Ivoryman. As you know I also bought one of those and had similar issues. Instead of sending mine back to Case, I decided to send mine to BIGHEAD for a complete makeover. Here's the result. As you can see, the run up issue is still not perfect but at least it's been "disguised" by the file work. Although I liked the Micarta covers, I decided to go with my current fetish material: Natural Jade G-10, which is not as textured as the Micarta but I really like the translucent look. Just my way of dealing with a disappointing purchase (sort of like putting whip cream on a pile of doggie doo-doo!) :lol: ::mdm::

P8110007.JPGP8110009.JPGP8110008.JPG

One thing I will say about this knife: despite the atrocious run up, it has a very crisp, snappy walk & talk, so at least there's that. :|

Great score, what a brilliant idea disguising the terrible tang with some file work. Then I might not mind if people see it. This way it's pretty bad. Great idea and excellent looking one-of-a-kind now. Whip cream worked. Great translucent look to it now, that is a stunner. Congrats and way to go BIGHEAD. Yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Dan In MI wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:09 pm I-Man, I'm sorry to hear of that experience. I, too, would have been displeased to have the Micarta polished up.

Q, your knife sure looks good!
Thanks Dan, appreciate the support. Had a Swayback Jack a few years back that was very flawed. This one is salt in the wound. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
TPK

Post by TPK »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:05 am
Ivoryman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:14 am Well just got this back from the Case...
I decided to send mine to BIGHEAD for a complete makeover...
Looks wonderful Q! Love that file work, those handles & that shield! ::nod:: ::tu::

Very nice work BIGHEAD! ::nod:: ::tu:: :D

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Looks awesome, Q! ::nod::👍 Nice work, Bighead. 💯

BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

Thanks All.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:14 am Great looking piece Tortoiseshell, congrats. Nice bones.

Well just got this back from Case. I asked them to fix the atrocious run up and the micarta scales were about twice as thick on mark side as pile. As you can see the micarta has been evened out, but the terrible tang run up still sucks. They ignored my request and didn't think the run up was bad enough to do anything about it. I'd be embarrassed to pull this out and use in case anyone wanted to look it over and saw how bad it was. They also polished up the micarta which I am not happy about. It had much better grip before I sent it back. Now it's slick and smooth. Liked it better more rough. Oh well, every 5 years or so I forget my last bad experience buying a new Case knife and swear I'll never do it again only to return like a dog to his vomit.
Very disappointing, I-Man. I guess they have gotten too big to care, and that's very sad when a company with a rich history like theirs
treats a customer like that. They should have sent you a new knife. I feel bad since I suggested sending it back to them. As you said,
it's too bad they are OK with losing a great customer over $60.00.. Hopefully you will score some great deals in the near future, and
this will be a distant memory soon..
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

toomanyknives wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:52 am
Ivoryman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:14 am Great looking piece Tortoiseshell, congrats. Nice bones.

Very disappointing, I-Man. I guess they have gotten too big to care, and that's very sad when a company with a rich history like theirs
treats a customer like that. They should have sent you a new knife. I feel bad since I suggested sending it back to them. As you said,
it's too bad they are OK with losing a great customer over $60.00.. Hopefully you will score some great deals in the near future, and
this will be a distant memory soon..

Don't feel bad, I appreciate your comments and your take on Case. Couldn't agree more. And it will all fade away eventually and back to normal. Just disappointing when a new knife comes and immediately brings you down. Thanks again.
knifeaddict1965
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaddict1965 »

A few pickups from the Lexington KY knife show. Couldn't find the right deal on any old stuff, but was lucky enough to get some good trades on a few newer things I had been looking for.
20220820_162459.jpg
20220820_162532.jpg
20220820_162625.jpg

I was especially happy to find the 2 stags with the gold & black blade etch to go with the others I have acquired the past few years.
20220820_162828.jpg
Kevin

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”