Ode To The 07

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
TPK

Re: Ode To The 07

Post by TPK »

BIGHEAD wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:35 pm I just slapped some winterbottom on this one and deleted the spey blade.
:shock: Oh Snap! That's awesome! ::nod:: ::tu:: Beautiful knife! Great job! ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great job
It is now quite the looker.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Picked up another 1978 in like-new condition. The mark side bone on this one has a bit more character than my other '78. The snap on the older 07s is truly amazing compared to those made after 1980...like night & day. If they didn't have the same name on the shield, they would seem like knives made by totally different companies.
Attachments
PA150014.JPG
PA150020.JPG
PA150018.JPG
PA150015.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:41 pm The back orders at Shepherd Hills finally came in and this beauty showed up in my mailbox yesterday. The picture doesn't come close to showing it's beauty. No matter how hard you try, it's impossible to capture the sparkle in an image. You will just have to get one for yourself to see what it truly looks like. Love it. Love it. Love it.
WOW Jerry - those sides are NICE ! I was going to order one, but hesitated due to the backorder ... now I regret it ::doh::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Lansky1 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:59 am
jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:41 pm The back orders at Shepherd Hills finally came in and this beauty showed up in my mailbox yesterday. The picture doesn't come close to showing it's beauty. No matter how hard you try, it's impossible to capture the sparkle in an image. You will just have to get one for yourself to see what it truly looks like. Love it. Love it. Love it.
WOW Jerry - those sides are NICE ! I was going to order one, but hesitated due to the backorder ... now I regret it ::doh::
John, there are quite a few new ones on eBay. One nice thing about buying one on eBay is many eBay sellers show the actual knife you're buying, not a stock photo that may or may not look anything like the knife you actually receive.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 81&_sop=10

~Q~
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

QTCut5 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:10 am
Lansky1 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:59 am
John, there are quite a few new ones on eBay. One nice thing about buying one on eBay is many eBay sellers show the actual knife you're buying, not a stock photo that may or may not look anything like the knife you actually receive.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 81&_sop=10
Q - yeah, I've noticed alot more actual photo's of late - its always the bulk sellers / dealers that use stock photo's...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

203CDA2B-FDC3-46DD-B7BB-9C6BD86E464E.jpeg
How about a barehead wharncliff with Mammoth Ivory 8)
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

BIGHEAD wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:15 pm 203CDA2B-FDC3-46DD-B7BB-9C6BD86E464E.jpeg
How about a barehead wharncliff with Mammoth Ivory 8)
Another beauty BIGHEAD, looks just smashing. Beauty now, one of a kind. 👍
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:30 am Picked up another 1978 in like-new condition. The mark side bone on this one has a bit more character than my other '78. The snap on the older 07s is truly amazing compared to those made after 1980...like night & day. If they didn't have the same name on the shield, they would seem like knives made by totally different companies.
Beautiful knife Q! ::nod:: ::tu:: :D

TPK

Post by TPK »

BIGHEAD wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:15 pm How about a barehead wharncliff with Mammoth Ivory 8)
:shock: Sweet! ::nod:: ::tu:: :D

BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

Thanks guys.
buckaroo

Post by buckaroo »

I have several of these. Probably my favorite pattern.
IMG_5759.JPG
IMG_5760.JPG
buckaroo

Post by buckaroo »

Here is one from '74
IMG_5812.JPG
IMG_5813.JPG
buckaroo

Post by buckaroo »

and another...
IMG_5785.JPG
IMG_5786.JPG
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

buckaroo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:22 pm I have several of these. Probably my favorite pattern.
Welcome, buckaroo, you've come to the right place with your bevy of 07 red bone beauties, yes indeed! Nice group, good show. 8) ::tu::

Just out of curiosity, do you EDC those sweet '70s 07s or are they strictly shelf/safe showpieces? (For the record, I only collect, never carry or use any of my Mini-Ts...although, "hoard" is probably a more accurate term to describe my 07 affliction/addiction! ::nod::)

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

If you don't recognize this knife as a _207 it may be due to the fact that it is a true one-of-a-kind, 100% totally unique, unlike any other 07 ever made in the entire history of the known Universe...or it may be because the pattern number has been removed from the spay blade tang. Either way, this divine beauty did deign to dwell with me & Mini-T Monkey on the summit of Mini-T Mountain from whence it shall rule & reign in perpetuity over all the "lesser" mini trappers in Mini-T Kingdom while basking in the glory of their eternal awe, approbation, adulation and admiration (and likely a smidgen of completely justified jealousy, as well...which would be entirely understandable and even expected). ::nod::

Obviously, this is not your basic, run-of-the-mill, standard issue Mini Trapper, oh no, no, no! This singular specimen began it's existence as a normal mini trapper clad in some type of material, natural or synthetic, known only to the magnificent mortal with the mysterious moniker of BIGHEAD. It was he who transformed this otherwise common and ostensibly unremarkable 07 into the crème de la Mini-T crème you see here before you with his wonderous wizardry and superlative skill for making marvelous Mammoth modifications. :D

1995 Case (I)207 Mammoth Bark Ivory Shadow Pattern Mini Trapper modified by BIGHEAD
PC230019.JPG
PC230010.JPG
PC230014.JPG
Notice the absence of metal liners under the Mammoth covers
Notice the absence of metal liners under the Mammoth covers
PC230006.JPG
PC230013.JPG
PC230004.JPG

~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

:? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .Wow!!!
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Amen, Floyd! That's a beauty!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
buckaroo

Post by buckaroo »

QTCut5 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:41 am
buckaroo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:22 pm I have several of these. Probably my favorite pattern.
Welcome, buckaroo, you've come to the right place with your bevy of 07 red bone beauties, yes indeed! Nice group, good show. 8) ::tu::

Just out of curiosity, do you EDC those sweet '70s 07s or are they strictly shelf/safe showpieces? (For the record, I only collect, never carry or use any of my Mini-Ts...although, "hoard" is probably a more accurate term to describe my 07 affliction/addiction! ::nod::)
Hi Q - sorry for such a tardy reply, but, to answer your question, no I don't carry or use these. I used to have a 70s model that I carried often because it had the dreaded center pin crack, so I never felt bad about carrying and using it. I am always on the lookout for the '70s and earlier ones, however they are beginning to get too expensive.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Here's what is probably my one and only 07. A ten dot lightning SP SSP Very dark bone on the mark side, lighter on the pile side. Don't know what that color bone was called. This one is completely untouched, can't remember where I got it?? J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_5056.jpg
IMG_5057.jpg
IMG_5058.jpg
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Ridgegrass wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:27 pm Here's what is probably my one and only 07. A ten dot lightning SP SSP Very dark bone on the mark side, lighter on the pile side. Don't know what that color bone was called. This one is completely untouched, can't remember where I got it?? J.O'.
I believe that bone is called "pretty bone" and, from my own observations and collection, all or nearly all the 6207s that have it (mostly from the 1970s & early 1980s) are just like yours with dark, solid color on the mark side and splotches of white and sometimes slight traces of other colors on the pile side. Nice to find an unused one with 10 dots and a clear blade etch. 8) ::tu:: Now that you've ventured/stumbled into the Mini-T club, you've officially begun your own personal journey down the bottomless Mini-T rabbit hole.

As for me, however, I'm almost at the end of my Mini-T journey. This one was supposed to be my last & final 07 acquisition but I'm still waiting for one more 07 to arrive from Shepherd Hills (that I pre-ordered waaaaaay back in September "for October delivery"), which has been on backorder for nearly 4 months now - and counting! So, I guess that would make this one my penultimate 07. It has not been modified; the covers are factory-installed Mammoth Ivory Bark, hence the letter "I" in the pattern number tang stamp (it's not a number "1" as that would mean it had a Walnut wood handle. The letter "I" in the pattern number signifies "Ivory")

2007 Case I207 Mammoth Ivory
Attachments
P1110010.JPG
P1110026.JPG
P1110022.JPG
P1110023.JPG
P1110018.JPG
P1110015.JPG

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

~Q~ that one gets my envy juices flowing.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks Q. That's a beauty, filed bolsters too. ::tu:: J.O'.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Oh Q, you scored again big time with that one. Love those handles. ::nod::

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”