Ode To The 07

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
WillyCamaro

Re: Ode To The 07

Post by WillyCamaro »

QTCut5 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:50 am Group shots of some 07s that are headed to auction next week. Every now and then ya gotta clean out the stable...can't keep 'em all forever. ::mdm::
(None of these are 07Ws, BTW.)

P6270002.JPGP6270001 (1).JPG
Bottom picture, top right. Tis that a pocketworn mate?
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:59 am Bottom picture, top right. Tis that a pocketworn mate?
I'm not sure if it's considered "pocketworn" or just regular red jigged bone, but that one is from the 1989 Centennial Set. (Maybe it just needs your nice warm pocket to ride around in for awhile to get that pocketworn look, WillyC. ::hmm:: )
Attachments
PB060044.JPG
PB060049.JPG
PB060047.JPG
PB060037.JPG
PB060039.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Some of you who follow this thread may remember that I had collected three different versions of the 2010 Historian's Tour Bermuda Green Smooth Bone 6107W. I don't know how many different versions were made in total, but I knew there was at least one more that I didn't have because I'd seen it on eBay. Unfortunately, I felt the seller was asking way too much for it, and I watched sadly as someone else eventually bought it. :cry: :(
The Monkey was distraught and inconsolable. ::teary_eyes:: ::tear::

Fast forward a couple months to yesterday. My buddy dropped by and totally surprised me with this BOMB, the fourth version I had been wanting. ::woot:: Apparently, I had mentioned to him that I wanted it but just couldn't bring myself to pay the high asking price, so he went ahead and bought it for me. Wow...what a super surprise...and what a great friend. Mini-T Monkey is seriously over the moon and doing somersaults and backflips of pure joy. ::ds:: Unbelievable...I'm still in shock. :D

P6280020.JPG
P6280014.JPG
P6280015.JPG
P6280025.JPG

And then there were four:
P6280017.JPG
P6280016.JPG

The question now is, Are there any more versions of this knife out there? ::hmm:: Inquisitive Monkey minds must know! :mrgreen: ::mdm::

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Congratulations on acquiring the fourth of four (as far as anybody knows) and congratulation on having such a generous friend.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:20 am Some of you who follow this thread may remember that I had collected three different versions of the 2010 Historian's Tour Bermuda Green Smooth Bone 6107W. I don't know how many different versions were made in total, but I knew there was at least one more that I didn't have because I'd seen it on eBay. Unfortunately, I felt the seller was asking way too much for it, and I watched sadly as someone else eventually bought it. :cry: :(

Fast forward a couple months to yesterday. My buddy dropped by and totally surprised me with this BOMB, the fourth version I had been wanting. ::woot:: Apparently, I had mentioned to him that I wanted it but just couldn't bring myself to pay the high asking price, so he went ahead and bought it for me. Wow...what a super surprise...and what a great friend. Mini-T Monkey is seriously over the moon and doing somersaults and backflips of pure joy. ::ds:: Unbelievable...I'm still in shock. :D

P6280020.JPGP6280014.JPGP6280015.JPGP6280025.JPG

P6280017.JPGP6280016.JPG

The question now is, Are there any more versions of this knife out there? ::hmm:: Inquisitive Monkey minds must know! :mrgreen: ::mdm::
Now, that's what I call monkey minds think alike.
::ds::

God bless yer buddy Q, he done good IMB.
::tu::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:53 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:59 am Bottom picture, top right. Tis that a pocketworn mate?
I'm not sure if it's considered "pocketworn" or just regular red jigged bone, but that one is from the 1989 Centennial Set. (Maybe it just needs your nice warm pocket to ride around in for awhile to get that pocketworn look, WillyC. ::hmm:: )
Pretty much monkey man, that's how I do it. ::nod::

:lol:

How many 🍌🍌🍌 will it take to add it to this chimps rotation mate?...
::tu::
Winston Churchill

TPK

Post by TPK »

Congrats Q! ::handshake:: I am very Happy 4-U & the Monkey! ::nod:: ::super_happy::
What a fine friend you have! ::ds:: ::tu:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

QTCut5 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:20 am Some of you who follow this thread may remember that I had collected three different versions of the 2010 Historian's Tour Bermuda Green Smooth Bone 6107W. I don't know how many different versions were made in total, but I knew there was at least one more that I didn't have because I'd seen it on eBay. Unfortunately, I felt the seller was asking way too much for it, and I watched sadly as someone else eventually bought it. :cry: :(

P6280020.JPGP6280014.JPGP6280015.JPGP6280025.JPG

P6280017.JPGP6280016.JPG

Wonderful knife and Wonderful friend
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

👍😎👍
John 🤠
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Awesome friend, Awesome find, and Awesome group. Congrats. ::tu:: ::nod::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Great group of knives, Q...and a great friend as well. Congratulations!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

This showed up today (finally). Came in a tin.
Attachments
Case 2005 Mini-Trapper 6207 Orange County Choppers - Labeled.JPG
DSC01259.JPG
DSC01261.JPG
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:43 pm This showed up today (finally). Came in a tin.
👍💎👍
John 🤠

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:43 pm This showed up today (finally). Came in a tin.
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: Very nice.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks fellers. I'm very pleased with it. It's a nice addition to my little pile of Mini-Trappers.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Lookin' good hoser; I guess fellow monkey mind couldn't resist picking up his own example, 'eh.
8) ::tu::
Winston Churchill

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Just when I was sure I had at least one example of every 07W Case ever released (except for the pink "Lady Case" Bubba Gum 6107W which I'm still looking for), Mini-T Monkey stumbled upon this 6207W from 2007 with orange jigged bone handle and small banner shield. Because I have two other orange 07Ws, it took me awhile to realize that I didn't have this particular model in my collection. Once it became clear that I lacked this one however, The Monkey had a nearly fatal hyper conniption fit until the deal was sealed and the knife was securely in hand/paw. ::mdm::

P7240025.JPG
P7240036.JPG
P7240037.JPG
P7240040.JPG
P7240034.JPG
P7240026.JPG

Here it is with my other Orange 07Ws: Smooth Bone and Sunset Bone (both with diamond shields):
P7240045.JPG
P7240042.JPG

Now, I'm wondering if there are any more out there that I'm unaware of? ::hmm::

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Here's a smooth black 2207 "Hot Rod" Mini-T I found on eBay (not mine...I didn't buy it) that made me think of John (jmh58)...I wonder why? ::hmm::

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184883236954?s ... 1438.l2649
Attachments
Case 2207 Hot Rod.jpg
2021 Case 2207.jpg

~Q~
TPK

Post by TPK »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:45 am Just when I was sure ...,

Here it is with my other Orange 07Ws: Smooth Bone and Sunset Bone (both with diamond shields):

Cool find Q! I never seen that shield before. ::hmm:: As far as I can remember anyways. Looks great! ::tu::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:55 am Here's a smooth black 2207 "Hot Rod" Mini-T I found on eBay (not mine...I didn't buy it) that made me think of John (jmh58)...I wonder why? ::hmm::

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184883236954?s ... 1438.l2649
AWWWW Shucks Q.. :oops: Thanks for that!!! ::handshake::
John :D

QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

This 2006 1st Run India Stag 5207 is actually a duplicate in my collection. However, with stag handles there really is no such thing as a true duplicate since no two stag handles are exactly alike. And, anyway, as The Monkey constantly reminds me (i.e., screeches into my ear), you can never have too much stag. :)

P8050028.JPG
P8050031.JPG
P8050034.JPG
P8050032.JPG

Here are the so-called "duplicates"
P8050036.JPG

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:45 am Just when I was sure I had at least one example of every 07W Case ever released (except for the pink "Lady Case" Bubba Gum 6107W which I'm still looking for), Mini-T Monkey stumbled upon this 6207W from 2007 with orange jigged bone handle and small banner shield. Because I have two other orange 07Ws, it took me awhile to realize that I didn't have this particular model in my collection. Once it became clear that I lacked this one however, The Monkey had a nearly fatal hyper conniption fit until the deal was sealed and the knife was securely in hand/paw. ::mdm::

P7240025.JPGP7240036.JPGP7240037.JPGP7240040.JPGP7240034.JPGP7240026.JPG

P7240045.JPGP7240042.JPG

Oooh ~Q~. That is a spectacular find. ::tu::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

QTCut5 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:25 pm As The Monkey constantly reminds me (i.e., screeches into my ear), you can never have too much stag. :)
You can, however, have way too few dollars to purchase even moderately large amounts of stag. :D Yet another nice Mini-T for you and the Monkey!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Dan In MI wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:50 am
QTCut5 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:25 pm As The Monkey constantly reminds me (i.e., screeches into my ear), you can never have too much stag. :)
You can, however, have way too few dollars to purchase even moderately large amounts of stag. :D Yet another nice Mini-T for you and the Monkey!
Dan, Dan, Dan...The Monkey's 1st Rule of Knife Collecting = Never allow money (or lack thereof) to determine, limit or impede the acquisition of a knife that "calls out" to you and ignites a burning flame of passion, lust and desire deep within the cockles of your heart. ::mdm::

Remember: You can always get more money (one way or another) but that knife you really want may not be available forever and, in some cases, may never be available ever again. (Lesser known and oft forgotten/ignored corollary to the aforementioned rule: If you miss out getting a particular knife that you really want, do not fret; eventually, there will always be another knife that you will want just as much, or more. ::nod:: )

The Monkey hath spoken; thus sayeth The Monkey. All hail The Monkey! ::not_worthy::
Attachments
Mini-T Monkey.JPG

~Q~

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”