Case Doctors Knives

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Case Doctors Knives

Post by kennedy knives »

I see were Case Is going to Put The Doctors Knives in the Safe for a while anyone have any other info on this ::shrug:: ::shrug::
jmh58

Re: Case Doctors Knives

Post by jmh58 »

Yep.. But there are soooo many of them out there it will take a while they sorta dry up.. It was CASEs plan all along to run them for 1yr then vault them.. ::nod::
John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

This is an annual occurrence for Case for my many years now. They "resurrect" a previously discontinued pattern, make a run of it with various handle covers and blade combinations, then "retire" it at the end of that year. Sometime in the near future they'll announce what old pattern they're going to do this year.

Meantime they continue making their best selling patterns.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
32man

Post by 32man »

It's the Barlow for '19 and they will make as many as they can. I just hope the quality holds up as it's been slipping the last few years right John 8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

32man wrote:It's the Barlow for '19 and they will make as many as they can. I just hope the quality holds up as it's been slipping the last few years right John 8)
It seems so.. :( Kinda hit/miss as of late.. Hope they turn things around in 2019 with QC... ::dang::

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

kennedy knives wrote:I see were Case Is going to Put The Doctors Knives in the Safe for a while anyone have any other info on this ::shrug:: ::shrug::
Over on SHC site they currently offer 28 different handles.. And I see where they added 7 more recently.. Be a while before they all dry up..

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”