Case XX 61225L SS Abalone/Lapis Handles

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
joesskankshack

Case XX 61225L SS Abalone/Lapis Handles

Post by joesskankshack »

Can anyone tell me about this knife? I have been trying to find info and the value of it, but I cannot find anything. I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_4590.JPG
IMG_3050.JPG
IMG_7089.JPG
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case XX 61225L SS Abalone/Lapis Handles

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. Your knife has aftermarket handles, not the handles it came with from the Case factory. The first letter of the pattern number, in this case “6”, indicates the handle material. “6” is the designator for bone. If it was a standard factory knife you could probably find comparable sales which would give you an estimate of value. Since the handles have been replaced it will be hard to find other sales from which to get a value reference.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
joesskankshack

Re: Case XX 61225L SS Abalone/Lapis Handles

Post by joesskankshack »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Welcome to AAPK. Your knife has aftermarket handles, not the handles it came with from the Case factory. The first letter of the pattern number, in this case “6”, indicates the handle material. “6” is the designator for bone. If it was a standard factory knife you could probably find comparable sales which would give you an estimate of value. Since the handles have been replaced it will be hard to find other sales from which to get a value reference.

Ken
Thank you. I inherited a bunch of case knives and there are some I cannot find any info on. He was a collector and had hundreds of case knives, among hundreds of others. I am actually surprised that this one was modified since it was not something he was into.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”