LIMITED EDITION WHITETAIL CASE XX COLLECTORS KNIFE

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Redneckmoboy

LIMITED EDITION WHITETAIL CASE XX COLLECTORS KNIFE

Post by Redneckmoboy »

I've got a limited edition whitetail collectors knife #266 of 500 Case XX 1990 ROGC61050SS I'm trying to figure out for sure what it is and what the bone handles are. I am trying to get a ruff estimate on value as well. I haven't had any luck finding another like it in color, or in the wood box. The blade etched with the #2 whitetail typical buck in 1993 that was killed in Mo. The lid of the box has the buck etched in the wood. And inside the box there's a full picture of the buck etched on brass. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Redneckmoboy
20190323_035638.jpg
20190323_112012.jpg
20190323_112041.jpg
20190323_111848.jpg
20190323_035608.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: LIMITED EDITION WHITETAIL CASE XX COLLECTORS KNIFE

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Redneckmoboy wrote:I've got a limited edition whitetail collectors knife #266 of 500 Case XX 1990 ROGC61050SS I'm trying to figure out for sure what it is and what the bone handles are. I am trying to get a ruff estimate on value as well. I haven't had any luck finding another like it in color, or in the wood box. The blade etched with the #2 whitetail typical buck in 1993 that was killed in Mo. The lid of the box has the buck etched in the wood. And inside the box there's a full picture of the buck etched on brass. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Redneckmoboy20190323_035638.jpg20190323_112012.jpg20190323_112041.jpg20190323_111848.jpg20190323_035608.jpg

Welcome to the forum!. I can help a little. The bone is bovine bone. The color is amber and the jigging pattern is Rogers jigged. I think that Rogers jigging is one of the best that Case produces. The codes on the knife will tell you a lot about the knife. It was made in 1990, the numbers are easy to decipher, but you have all the information that it can tell you already.
As far as value, I would say it’s worth about 100 dollars. The display case is nice, but most folks don’t care about the display case. When you collect Case knives you end up with a mountain of these things from this special short run knives. The COA is important and you have that. But looking at sold knives on eBay, there isn’t an exact match to this one in the sold listings, but there are other knives. Stag handled ones run up to 150 and so do pearl handled one. But bone ones range from the mid 50’s to 100. If I listed it on eBay I would start out at 90 dollars and just see where it runs from there. Hope this helps. I’m not the most knowledgeable person on Case knives, but I have sold several hundred on eBay over the years.
Glad you are here.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Redneckmoboy

Post by Redneckmoboy »

Thank you so much for your time. I am 48 years old and have collected knives all my life. I have never much cared what they are worth per say. If I liked them I bought them. Most all of them have been used over the years or I have gave them to my children. To me the scratches or scars give them character. I love them all from the Pumas, Kabars, Cases or Barrlows.
I was curious for a value on this particular knife because I knew the price my ex-wife paid for it new in 93 and was curious if it would at least hold its value. Kind of a let down to know it doesn't and not even close. But again I thank you for your time.
Thanks Redneckmoboy
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. Unfortunately, with a few exceptions commemoratives don’t hold their value well regardless who made them. Maybe they just haven’t been around long enough (in the world of knives, 30-40 years isn’t a long time). Maybe some day......... ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”