Commemorative/Limited Edition Storage

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
SlimGeezer

Commemorative/Limited Edition Storage

Post by SlimGeezer »

I just started collecting Case commemoratives and limited editions in presentation boxes. I'd like to buy or make an open storage cabinet to hang on the wall. I'm thinking about something like narrow horizontal shelves where I can slide the closed boxes into. Any ideas? Thanks.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Commemorative/Limited Edition Storage

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Hi and ::welcome:: to AAPK. Someone will swing by who can help you. In the meantime, these guys and gals LOVE pictures.
Take some pictures of your knives and post them so they have an idea of what you are talking about/asking. ::tu::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

SlimGeezer wrote:I just started collecting Case commemoratives and limited editions in presentation boxes. I'd like to buy or make an open storage cabinet to hang on the wall. I'm thinking about something like narrow horizontal shelves where I can slide the closed boxes into. Any ideas? Thanks.

Also want to welcome you to the forum. I use to display my velvet boxed Case knives in a curio cabinet with lights and mirrors on the back. Problem is if you have top down lighting, which mine did, it was hard to see anything beyond the first row. So now they are in display cases and the boxes stored.
I think a curio cabinet is still a good idea, just need to get the lighting figured out.
Or if you really want a nice display, get an old knife display from a hardware store with glass top and tiered shelves.
SSk
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Welcome to the forum
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

SSk's opinion above is great! I'm sure you will receive many more.
Welcome to AAPK ::handshake::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Welcome aboard Slim. ::handshake:: Whatever part of the country you live in I hope you are not having any kind of severe weather threat.
TPK

Post by TPK »

SlimGeezer wrote:I just started collecting Case commemoratives and limited editions in presentation boxes. I'd like to buy or make an open storage cabinet to hang on the wall. I'm thinking about something like narrow horizontal shelves where I can slide the closed boxes into. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hallo and Welcome SlimGeezer,

Google something like "train display case" You might find something like your looking for?

TPK
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
SlimGeezer

Post by SlimGeezer »

Thanks. Great suggestions, but I don't want to display them, only store them conveniently so I can easily access them when I want to show them. I'm thinking maybe an open cabinet with multiple thin Plexiglas horizontal shelves spaced about 3/4 to 1 inch apart.. It would be like office mail/folder slots. I guess I could check office supply stores or maybe try to build one. But I often find that people on various forums offer very creative ideas.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I missed that in your original post that you said a place to slide the closed boxes. I think A.G Russell has a few things like this. Here are some images of what they have. The second one is a Gerstner. I know that Gerstner makes a lot of cabinets like this of all sizes. Problem is , they ain’t cheap.
Plus I don’t think this hangs on the wall but can probably be modified to hang.
This is giving me ideas. I need to find a better system for box storage and now that I am collecting GEC knives, tubes. I currently keep them in a desk but have no organization, which means that every time I need to find a specific box, I have to search through them all. I too would love to hear some ideas on how to organize these boxes and tubes.
SSk
Attachments
go-210ma-15.jpg
go210sb.jpg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Hi Slim! Welcome to AAPK! Great bunch of guys and gals on here. If you ever have any questions, very good chance someone will be able to help ya out.
Hey Mark. Dad had the same problem for his china cabinet.
I figured out a super easy and cheap solution. 1x2 pine lumber. Cut into 30" strips, glued together, sanded, and finished. It basically worked in tiers. First row nothing. Second row, one slab. Third row, 2 slabs. And on. Worked perfectly. Dad is super happy with how it turned out. And that says A LOT!
:wink:
Hope that helps.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

SlimGeezer wrote:Thanks. Great suggestions, but I don't want to display them, only store them conveniently so I can easily access them when I want to show them. I'm thinking maybe an open cabinet with multiple thin Plexiglas horizontal shelves spaced about 3/4 to 1 inch apart.. It would be like office mail/folder slots. I guess I could check office supply stores or maybe try to build one. But I often find that people on various forums offer very creative ideas.
If you just want to STORE them AND have easy access to them, how about another dresser? You can get a good, used one at any thrift shop or garage sale. Stand your knives/boxes on end, so you can see/read the labels and you can store ALOT of them and have easy access to them.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”