Case "Moose" repair

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Ole Joe Clark

Case "Moose" repair

Post by Ole Joe Clark »

[/image]I have a Case "Moose" (6275SP no dots) that I bought new about 1960 or so, (when I was a kid). Carried it all the time, used it, abused it and in the process of time, I busted one of the scales off. It's the side without the Case inlay.

Can this be repaired? Thanks in advance for your help.

Have a blessed day,

Leon
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case "Moose" repair

Post by jerryd6818 »

Leon, welcome to AAPK.

The short answer to your question is yes, it can be repaired. However, there are caveats. If you want to match the bone that was/is on the knife, you may be out of luck. Finding matching bone for a 60 year old knife is problematic. You will probably have to resign yourself to something that is a little to a lot different. ::shrug::

The next issue is time. There are several very talented knife mechanics on AAPK and almost every one of them is as busy as a one armed paperhanger so lead time could be looooong.

Go over to the "Knife Repair & Restoration" forum and repost your question. It will get the most exposure there and the most visits from knife mechanics. ---► viewforum.php?f=37

Of course you could also contact Case and see what they have to tell you.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ole Joe Clark

Post by Ole Joe Clark »

Thanks for your help! I will try that.

Have a blessed day,

Leon
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Like said previously, I would contact Case. If they repaired it, they would
do a decent job in a moderate turn around time.

based on previous experience...

Bob

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”