Need a little help with this Case

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Bhud

Need a little help with this Case

Post by Bhud »

Hey fella's,
Going through some of my dad's knives, he passed away a couple of years ago, found this one. However it seems a little "off" to me. The shield is different and the main blade is in the rear. Any help would be great! Just love going through these knives.
Thanks,
Bhud
Attachments
20190525_112757.jpg
20190525_112817.jpg
20190525_112907.jpg
20190525_113011.jpg
20190525_113035.jpg
Thanks and Blessings,
Brandon
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need a little help with this Case

Post by gsmith7158 »

Definitely looks a little off. Are those handles blue? Could be a later model frame with XXera blades installed. Here's 2 authentic ones . A XX era and a USA era.
Attachments
20160229_182753.jpg
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

Bhud After looking at mine 6249s I’m going to say yours is a counterfeit knife.
I’ve been wrong before and will be again.
Attachments
AFC0E374-72EC-4E1C-9F9A-D00CDA9C3076.jpeg
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Definitely been tampered with. The blade, if an authentic XX era blade (I have doubts) most certainly is not original to a knife having those handle covers, which are from a much more recently made knife. Case never used handle covers that color during the XX era or earlier. The shield is funky also - it could be just poorly struck but I have doubts there too.

My guess is someone put a XX blade, possibly a fake one at that, into a modern era frame. And got the blades bass-akward in the process. ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Bhud

Post by Bhud »

I was leaning towards a counterfeit. The green handles caught my eye but at least I use it now and not worry about it. It is the only one so far that didn't seem right.
Thanks guys!
Thanks and Blessings,
Brandon
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Bhud wrote:I was leaning towards a counterfeit. The green handles caught my eye but at least I use it now and not worry about it. It is the only one so far that didn't seem right.
Thanks guys!
Any chance your father made this knife from other parts knives? Is there some kind of epoxy on the bottom of the shield?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

You know red. It kind of looks that way.
Maybe your dad tried his hand at a little knife making? The blades look fine to me. The backwards handling actually appeals to me. The stamp looks like a generic China one that he might of stamped for his own pleasure.
It might be it. I would keep her just to be sure. If correct then you have a peace of your fathers imagination. To bad you will never know.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

The pen blade/secondary on my one and only full sized 49 has the nail nick on the pile side as do the knives shown by Larry and Greg. That blade in the knife being discussed has the nick on the mark side, so it didn't come from a 49.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”