Case XX 3375 three blade folder

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
227thcrewchief

Case XX 3375 three blade folder

Post by 227thcrewchief »

I need some input, please. I just purchased a Case XX 3375 three bladed folder and I think it may be a fake. The blades and handles (yellow) are all in new condition. Overall the knife is in mint condition. However, the USA inscription is nowhere to be found. I thought all Case knives were marked USA. Please give me your opinion and thank you.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Case XX 3375 three blade folder

Post by Colonel26 »

We need pictures to be sure what we are looking at. But between ‘40-‘64 There was no USA on the tang stamp.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

I'm guessing this is a newer knife. USA Should be on the sheepsfoot blade. On newer Case knives USA is not on the master stamp.
Eye Brand Collector
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Case did not mark U.S.A. on knives made prior to 1965. They added it in 1965. Need pictures of the markings on your knife to be sure. If it was made prior to 1965, has yellow synthetic handle covers that are not cracked, shrunk or discolored then it’s either very suspicious or has likely been re-handled.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

Case never made a 3375 prior to the 1990's.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I guess that settles that! :lol:

Thanks Steve.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I guess that settles that! :lol:

Thanks Steve.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”