Info on 100th Anniversary Bank St Factory Trapper

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
john14_18

Info on 100th Anniversary Bank St Factory Trapper

Post by john14_18 »

Haven't been on here in a while because I am usually on S&W forum but I picked up several CASE pocket knives today that are all NIB at an estate sale that i will be listing for sale but there is one I can't find any info on. It is a beautiful stag trapper in green box. On the main blade it says" W.R. Case & Cutlery Co" and the other blade says " 100th Anniversary Bank.St. Factory" and it has a "353" on bolster. i believe it would be made in 2005. My eyes aren't the best in the world. Just wondering if anyone could give me some info on it and approximate value. Thank you in advance and have a Blessed Day!
Attachments
bank1.jpg
bank2.jpg
bank3.jpg
Remember Psalms 37:4
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Info on 100th Anniversary Bank St Factory Trapper

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Case spits out “commemorative” knives like jelly beans. That one was apparently some type of “limited edition”, the number 363 on the bolster means it was number 363 of xxx. Could have been 500 or 1000 or who knows how many were made. You didn’t say what the pattern number is (it should be stamped on one of the blades) but it looks like a trapper which is one of the most popular, and most common patterns. You may know that already.

As for value, do an advanced search on eBay for sold listings of “Case trapper commemorative” or similar. Doubtful that you’ll find that exact knife but that should get you in the ballpark of what commemorative trappers are selling for. I’m guessing about $60 to $80, unless you can find a buyer looking for that specific commemorative. If so you might get $100 or more. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
john14_18

Re: Info on 100th Anniversary Bank St Factory Trapper

Post by john14_18 »

Thanks Ken. I appreciate it. Yes, it is a 5254. Again, thank you for your time and assistance!.
Remember Psalms 37:4

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”