Case stainless 1916-1920 RARE knife

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Sierrahill16

Case stainless 1916-1920 RARE knife

Post by Sierrahill16 »

Hello
So I have this case’s stainless 1926-1920 jigged bone melon tester .. this is such a rare knife that I can’t find any info on it , if you know anything about this knife or what it might be worth i would really appreciate it.
Attachments
image.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case stainless 1916-1920 RARE knife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Nice knife, and welcome to AAPK. That pattern is the 6296X, commonly called a Citrus Knife. Although a few references date the Case's Stainless stamp to 1916-1920, others date it to 1947-1952, and others somewhere in between. The later dates are more widely accepted since stainless steel was newly invented and not typically used for cutlery until much later than the 1916-1920 timeframe.

In any case it is a fairly rare pattern. I have one marked Case XX Stainless. Unfortunately I haven't seen the pattern sell for what the reference books say they are worth. Depending on condition (hard to tell much from your picture) it could be valued at anywhere from $200 to $500. JMO (that's not an offer!) :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Sierrahill16

Re: Case stainless 1916-1920 RARE knife

Post by Sierrahill16 »

Thank you so much!! P

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”