Assist with ID on this?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
former173rd

Assist with ID on this?

Post by former173rd »

Pulled this out of the shoe box and wonder what, other than Case, this little cutie is....Any ideas? and thanks for your help...
Attachments
zntoFZW2QiCZ3SC4xjCjow.jpg
EQIDgn6BQrK+1wrIFMna2A.jpg
jaR5eGc8RJCUgO8NyYT4sg.jpg
fzZpbl9bTvST2dAzZv323Q.jpg
ZOCSOcA9R8+e7PqED7sarw.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Assist with ID on this?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Try laying the knife directly against your ruler and photographing it looking straight down instead of at an angle. Or make an accurate measurement and post what the exact length is, along with a straight down picture. I’m guessing it’s probably a 6233 which is 2-5/8 inches long but can’t tell for sure from the pictures you’ve provided since the angle distorts the measurement and the shape of the knife somewhat. If it’s 2-7/8 inches it could be a 62042. Also being that it’s a 1970’s dotted knife there should be a pattern number on it. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

With those square bolsters and small size I would say it's a 6233.
I can't tell how long your is. Mine is 2 11/16" closed.

Nice knife.
Attachments
DSCN9260.JPG
DSCN9261.JPG
DSCN9264.JPG
Joe
former173rd

Post by former173rd »

I can't make out a pattern number anywhere. Hope this angle is better for ID:
Attachments
o9OaQm3pRRuxFZoTwDIsEA.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

6233. Very common, popular pattern, also sometimes called a small pen. Nice little knives.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

former173rd

Post by former173rd »

Thanks Mumbleypeg! I'll have some factual info when I list it. Gotta determime a fair asking price first, but now it's just very close to my EDC. Thanks Again!!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

While taking a closer look at the tang stamp I’m thinking it could be a Case XX U.S.A. 1965-69 knife. What I previously thought were stamped dots may be rust pits. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

former173rd

Post by former173rd »

Thanks Ken...would that affect the value? If more photos would help I'd be happy to provide.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I doubt it will make much difference, maybe $10 or so if the knife was mint condition. But it’s got some issues (like those pits). It’s not a high dollar pattern - too many around. Should make somebody a good user though, or a collector might want one of that pattern and date, and buy it as a placeholder until they find a better one . ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

former173rd

Post by former173rd »

Thanks Ken, Even though its not in the best condition, hopefull someone , like you said, can fill a niche until something better comes along. After all, isn't that what collecting is about? I'm sure it'll go for cheap, which is OK with me...Now if I can work up a decent ad for it!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”