Case 62098F ??

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Robo

Re: Case 62098F ??

Post by Robo »

Most of the time our best source for information about when various patterns were made, when stamps were used, and when features were introduced are old catalogs. Those are difficult to find and in some cases non-existent. The earliest W.R. Case Company catalog I’m personally aware of is from 1936.

Hope this helps - probably more than you wanted to know. ::facepalm::

Ken[/quote]

I don't see that Catologs are all that definitive either as Case seemed to use whatever pictures (plates?) that were still servicable despite the tang stamps. There's a bunch of "Tested XX" tang stamps on knives in catologs from the 60s. The Hardware Wholesale catologs will picture one knife and proceed to list four more below it--some made by completely different companies--I've come to find--that look nothing like the knife pictured except that they are of the same general pattern. But I'm not complaining, solving the mysteries are what it's all about to me. And I think there are a lot left to solve if we're willing to do the work.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”