What sheath for Russlock?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
RevolverGuy

What sheath for Russlock?

Post by RevolverGuy »

I'm surprised Case hasn't designed a sheath specifically for the Russlock. I bet they would sell a lot of them. Anyway I own two of these knives and would like to start carrying them more. The problem is I pocket carry and the thumb lever makes it a little uncomfortable in the front pocket. I'm just wondering if you guys know of anyone who makes a sheath molded for it? Would like to find something that carries horizontally on a belt and doesn't rely on retention only, in other words should have flap with closure. Or just recommend me what works for you. Thanks in advance.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What sheath for Russlock?

Post by Railsplitter »

Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Except for the added length of the opener they are only about 3 1/2" so they are not usually used as belt knives. However, Case has sold tan leather vertical snap pouches imprinted RussLock. I've only seen them at auction on eBay together with a knife but I have not shopped for the pouch. I'd call Case and ask if they have any in stock.
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

I had a problem carrying the russlock also. The opening tab would poke a hole in my pocket. I found this side draw sheath on case's web site. Model 50148 they have it for $7.99. I am starting to really like it. Hope this helps. ::tu::
DSCF2224.JPG
texastom

Post by texastom »

This guy carries same knife and makes/sell pouches for them, or a template you an use to make your own. Links to youtube showing set by step how to make if you are include to DIY, or you can buy one already made.

I am unaffiliated, but like his various templates for ideas, or ease in making multiples. https://makersleathersupply.com/collect ... h-template
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Nev52 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:43 pm I had a problem carrying the russlock also. The opening tab would poke a hole in my pocket. I found this side draw sheath on case's web site. Model 50148 they have it for $7.99. I am starting to really like it. Hope this helps. ::tu:: DSCF2224.JPG
That's what I would recommend. 😉👍💯
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

::not_saying:: Lord please help me to keep my big mouth shut! ::pray::

:lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”