Fixed Blade what do I have?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
HVAC

Fixed Blade what do I have?

Post by HVAC »

any information on this knife would be appreciated
Attachments
IMG_1148.jpg
IMG_1149.jpg
IMG_1150.jpg
IMG_1151.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Fixed Blade what do I have?

Post by 1967redrider »

Kind of looks custom to me? ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

It is not a custom or modified knife, it is an original Case hunting knife from the early 1920s. It appears to have a nickle guard which would place it before Case had all their hunting knives made by Kinfolks which began in 1925-26. Being as there is no provable evidence that Case made any hunting knives before 1922, you knife should be circa 1922-1925. Very cool old hunter although somebody did do a heavy buffing on it.
HVAC

Post by HVAC »

Gunsil wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:50 pm It is not a custom or modified knife, it is an original Case hunting knife from the early 1920s. It appears to have a nickle guard which would place it before Case had all their hunting knives made by Kinfolks which began in 1925-26. Being as there is no provable evidence that Case made any hunting knives before 1922, you knife should be circa 1922-1925. Very cool old hunter although somebody did do a heavy buffing on it.
well that's my fault it was dull when I found it but all I did was took a rag with Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish by hand
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

It is a very hard knife to find, looks like it is in good shape especially for it's age. That pattern is not often seen.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”