Case Arapaho Variation?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Chrisd703

Case Arapaho Variation?

Post by Chrisd703 »

Hi All,

I'm new here, so thank's for allowing me into the group.

I inherited a small collection of knives from my late Uncle and am going through and researching them, which has been good for the soul.

I have a Case Arapaho with original sheath, hoping my picture shows up. In almost all Arapaho's I see online, there is a hole drilled for a strap. Mine does not have the hole. I'm not sure if this matters, or if this ages it as newer or older. Any insight would be appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Chris
Attachments
Arapaho Picture
Arapaho Picture
Gumshoe

Re: Case Arapaho Variation?

Post by Gumshoe »

For what it's worth, the original sheath that came with my Case Arapaho (no dots) has TWO female snaps - one just above the other. Why ? I have no idea, other than it can be used for fixed blade knives of a different length.
rugmar

Re: Case Arapaho Variation?

Post by rugmar »

I have one from 1987 and it does not have a lanyard hole. I also have it's slightly bigger brother, the Kiowa from 1985 and it's also missing the lanyard hole. I think one of these knives has the sheath with the two fastening positions you mentioned. Not sure if this tells you anything or not. Let us know if you find more info.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”