Looking For A Pattern # or Identification On This Large Tested Pen

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Looking For A Pattern # or Identification On This Large Tested Pen

Post by herbva »

This one just came my way and I can't find it in any of my reference books. (It is a bit large for a pen, but I don't know what else to call it.) It measures 3 11/16". (Not quite 3 3/4", but maybe I am being to precise.) I assume the scales are celluloid, but I'm not sure. Any info would be appreciated. :D
Attachments
DSCN9537.JPG
DSCN9544.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Looking For A Pattern # or Identification On This Large Tested Pen

Post by knifeaholic »

It is a 4257.

Sometimes referred to as the "Office Knife". The spay blade was for use as an ink eraser.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

You blokes are just too good. Your knowledge of knives knows no bounds. ::tu::
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

knifeaholic wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:17 am It is a 4257.

Sometimes referred to as the "Office Knife". The spay blade was for use as an ink eraser.
Thanks Steve! I have owned a few "office knives" in the past and it didn't click in my pea brain. I guess I just assumed they all had the "Office Knife" engraving on the scales or the name of some company or business. I think this may be the first plain, unmarked one that I've seen.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”