Case XX USA 6249 Factory second

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Potechop

Case XX USA 6249 Factory second

Post by Potechop »

Years ago I acquired a small USA collection from a man from Bradford,PA . There was one knife a 49 pattern that had a screw driver blade. After closely examining the knife it looked as if it was made that way. Showed it to a custom knife maker he thought it was made in the factory that way. Blade is same length as my other copperheads. Finish on the blade looks just like the master blade. Knife is dead mint except has that blade. Often thought that someone in the factory made a mistake making the knife and made a screwdriver blade and carried it out. I have it in a floor model case Display so I can’t send the best pictures. I always liked the knife so I put it in one of my display cases. Wondered what some other collectors think about it.
Attachments
B5933F9E-CC48-497D-973B-E65FA1CCA4D0.jpeg
espn77

Re: Case XX USA 6249 Factory second

Post by espn77 »

I'm a display guy, would love to see your whole display ::tu::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

That is an unusual one. Doesn’t look like any “normal” Case screwdriver blade I’ve seen. ::shrug:: Could it be a modified pen blade? (Hard to tell much without having it in hand, so you’re in the best position to tell).

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Potechop

Post by Potechop »

Here’s a couple of my small displays I put together.
Attachments
26D94F49-1578-4A8F-8E1D-E45AC47614DD.jpeg
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Very cool
Potechop

Post by Potechop »

I think like you it was a pen blade and when he was grinding the blade must have made a mistake and just squared off tip and finished the knife. Not worth much but I like it. I also got a 82079 from him that had a set of bone handles on it with pearl stamped blade. Never made that pattern in bone I don’t think. Took it to a knife show years ago but the old case collectors there said they had seen that mistake before said it wasn’t worth anymore than a pearl handle. I sold it but I wish I would have keep that knife. Think the guy I got them from had some connection with Case but never asked.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Extra cool. 8) Your displays are beautiful. Any Case guy would love to have something like that. ::tu:: ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
TPK

Post by TPK »

XX Case XX wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:04 pm Extra cool. 8) Your displays are beautiful. Any Case guy would love to have something like that. ::tu:: ::tu::

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

XX Case XX wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:04 pm Extra cool. 8) Your displays are beautiful. Any Case guy would love to have something like that. ::tu:: ::tu::

Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Reid

Post by Reid »

I have owned a couple of lunchbox knives. I think this is one the someone squared off the blade to make a screwdriver. Good discussion.
Jdub

Post by Jdub »

I would like to see more pictures of it!!
Potechop

Post by Potechop »

It’s mounted in a floor model case display cabinet. That’s the best picture I can get without talking it out. Pretty sure it is a lunchbox knife. Was told that the collection I bought the guy worked at case.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”