W.R. Case 62027 1/2 Tang Stamp Look OK?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

W.R. Case 62027 1/2 Tang Stamp Look OK?

Post by herbva »

I'm guessing that this knife is a 62027 1/2 based on the exact size (2 3/4") and a picture in Sargent's Guide, Second Ed., page 47, but I am far from certain. The bottom picture of the tang stamp was just sent to me by the seller. I think the stamp looks a bit crooked. I'm probably reaching, but maybe it looks like the original stamp was removed and this one added at a later date? Or, maybe the tang was cleaned a bit too aggressively in order to make the stamp more legible? As always, any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-W-R-CA ... %7Ciid%3A1
Attachments
DSCN9383.JPG
DSCN9385.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
olderdogs1

Re: W.R. Case 62027 1/2 Tang Stamp Look OK?

Post by olderdogs1 »

It looks fine to me.

Tom
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I agree. Hope you can get it.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

::tu::
Roger

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”