What pattern do you want to see Case bring out of the vault next?

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
MechanicalBear

What pattern do you want to see Case bring out of the vault next?

Post by MechanicalBear »

I'm sure most of you know that Case sometimes discontinues patterns, and then brings them back at a later date. This year they brought back the copperhead. What pattern do you want to see them bring back next?
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What pattern do you want to see Case bring out of the vault next?

Post by 1967redrider »

I would love to see a -40 pattern dogleg with a sweet spey secondary blade and a clip or spear main, makes no difference to me. ::ds::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Please no "Pocket" , "Baby", or "Tiny" anything. These are useless as heck. Barlow and Copperhead need to be standard catalog offerings.

I'd love for the 35 pattern to return. I'm having a hard time finding a decent sub-$50 example.Used to be, I didn't.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Pattern 30, or an equal-end jack. That's purely because I find them very good-looking.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

cody6268 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 pm Please no "Pocket" , "Baby", or "Tiny" anything. These are useless as heck. Barlow and Copperhead need to be standard catalog offerings.

I'd love for the 35 pattern to return. I'm having a hard time finding a decent sub-$50 example.Used to be, I didn't.
Cody, this just might be the best post in the history of AAPK!!! ::groove::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I would like to see a Case harness jack. Has Case ever made a harness jack pattern?
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

:lol: Every year for as long as I can remember, a thread with this same topic gets started on the Case Collector’s Club forum. The members there state their preferences (everyone has a favorite). Occasionally someone guesses correctly, or gets their wish. Often however it ends up being something no one guessed (or requested)! Some of the members who are also dealers like to tease the rest, with things like “I know what it is, but I can’t say”. ::poke::

But inevitably a lot of folks are happy in the end, as evidenced by the number of posts made by the proud new owners of whatever pattern it is.

It’s fun to wish, and speculate. ::tu:: I’m with Cody - got no use for a tiny this, mini that, or baby something else. ::barf::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

I would like Case to come out with a 07WP pattern. Mini-Trapper with a Wharncliffe master blade and a pen secondary. My own personal opinion, the pre 1980 "07" pattern looked better with a pen than with the spay blade.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

A single blade spear bare end boys jack, or a sheepsfoot, but either with wood covers. Won't happen, but thought i'd throw it out there. ::doh::
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

Please bring back the 94 pattern big cigar jack! Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they offered it in a moose configuration as well :D
Eye Brand Collector
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

cody6268 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 pm Please no "Pocket" , "Baby", or "Tiny" anything. These are useless as heck. Barlow and Copperhead need to be standard catalog offerings.

I agree. I think the 35 pattern would be worthwhile. Make it with a special bolster (eg lightly scrolled) and with a unique
shield. Here is what the AAPK says about the 35:

This knife is a 3 1/4″ Jack knife that is usually called a regular jack, swell end
jack, or tear-drop jack. In the early days, this pattern was manufactured with either a spear, clip, or sheepfoot master blade. From about the 70’s forward however, all were made with a clip master blade. The second blade will almost always be a pen blade, but some have been manufactured with punch secondary blades. Those knives with the clip blade will usually have a 1/2 at the end of the pattern number (when there is a pattern number). Case started manufacturing this pattern sometime before 1915.

For those of you new to knives here is what it looks like ( this one if from 1981 I believe) Some people call it Torpedo Jack
Good solid knife that stays in your pocket. Strong blades (fairly thick to do most pocket knives jobs)
case5235.jpg
Bob
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

rea1eye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 pm

I agree. I think the 35 pattern would be worthwhile. Make it with a special bolster (eg lightly scrolled) and with a unique

This knife is a 3 1/4″ Jack knife that is usually called a regular jack, swell end
jack, or tear-drop jack. In the early days, this pattern was manufactured with either a spear, clip, or sheepfoot master blade. From about the 70’s forward however, all were made with a clip master blade. The second blade will almost always be a pen blade, but some have been manufactured with punch secondary blades. Those knives with the clip blade will usually have a 1/2 at the end of the pattern number (when there is a pattern number). Case started manufacturing this pattern sometime before 1915.

For those of you new to knives here is what it looks like ( this one if from 1981 I believe) Some people call it Torpedo Jack
Good solid knife that stays in your pocket. Strong blades (fairly thick to do most pocket knives jobs)case5235.jpg

Bob
That would be a great pattern to bring back! ::tu::
I would love to see them bring back the Loom fixer.
Attachments
case-xx-6217-loom-fixer-knife-genuine_1_d151a30f03224fbd5b00b468f650c14e.jpg
Tim
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

I agree with what you said about small knives Cody ::tu::. Also, I looked it up, and the 35 is a good pattern. It would certainly be interesting to see it return.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

The 94 Cattleman.
Hey, what can I say. I'm a stockman guy.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

1967redrider wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:34 pm I would love to see a -40 pattern dogleg with a sweet spey secondary blade and a clip or spear main, makes no difference to me. ::ds::
I just looked it up, and wow :shock:. It is a amazing looking pattern! Hopefully at some point they bring it back.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Dan In MI wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:01 pm Pattern 30, or an equal-end jack. That's purely because I find them very good-looking.
Those are two great choices!
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:30 pm I would like to see a Case harness jack. Has Case ever made a harness jack pattern?
That's a great-looking choice! I looked it up though, and I don't think Case ever made one, but I could be wrong.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:06 am :lol: Every year for as long as I can remember, a thread with this same topic gets started on the Case Collector’s Club forum. The members there state their preferences (everyone has a favorite). Occasionally someone guesses correctly, or gets their wish. Often however it ends up being something no one guessed (or requested)! Some of the members who are also dealers like to tease the rest, with things like “I know what it is, but I can’t say”. ::poke::

But inevitably a lot of folks are happy in the end, as evidenced by the number of posts made by the proud new owners of whatever pattern it is.

It’s fun to wish, and speculate. ::tu:: I’m with Cody - got no use for a tiny this, mini that, or baby something else. ::barf::

Ken
Haha, I guess I'm bringing that forums tradition to this one!
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Maybe someone can in a few days get a tabulation going ( vote) and we can submit it to Case Company
( never hurts to ask) I am sure they have heard of us

Bob
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Papa Bones wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:50 am I would like Case to come out with a 07WP pattern. Mini-Trapper with a Wharncliffe master blade and a pen secondary. My own personal opinion, the pre 1980 "07" pattern looked better with a pen than with the spay blade.
Hmm, I can't say that I would want them to come out with a small pattern, BUT a small trapper with a Wharncliffe master blade, and a pen secondary does sound interesting ::tu::.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

cudgee wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:39 am A single blade spear bare end boys jack, or a sheepsfoot, but either with wood covers. Won't happen, but thought i'd throw it out there. ::doh::
Hmmm, either of those would be interesting!
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Beavertail wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:01 pm

Good solid knife that stays in your pocket. Strong blades (fairly thick to do most pocket knives jobs)case5235.jpg

Bob
That would be a great pattern to bring back! ::tu::
I would love to see them bring back the Loom fixer.
Wow, :shock: that's a great looking pattern! I really hope they bring it back at some point.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Bob
The 35 truly is a great pattern :D.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Eye Brand Man wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:44 pm Please bring back the 94 pattern big cigar jack! Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they offered it in a moose configuration as well :D
I looked it up, and wow :shock: that is a great-looking pattern. I really hope they bring it back at some point. Also, it really would look great in a moose configuration. I'm more of a muskrat guy myself though. I would be absolutely ecstatic if they offered it in a muskrat configuration! I'd still be happy of course if they offered it in a moose configuration :D.
MechanicalBear

Post by MechanicalBear »

Steve Warden wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm The 94 Cattleman.
Hey, what can I say. I'm a stockman guy.
Wow, that is a great-looking pattern :D. I don't know if you know this but you are the second person to want Case to bring back that pattern. I can see why of course. It is a great-looking pattern!

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”