Case knife display

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
npeters3

Case knife display

Post by npeters3 »

I have had this knife display sitting around for 8-10 year with the intentions of filling the display. I feel that it would be kind of neat to fill with all of the same year of knives. I do not know when this display came out or what stretch of years this display would be from. I would guess 90's, but I do not really know. I was hoping someone would have some information so I could attempt to start with a specific year and start my quest on filling.
thank you
case knife display.jpg
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case knife display

Post by knifeaholic »

Late 1980's to present day.

The only way that you might narrow it down further would be to research each knife's product code number. Many will likely be knives that are standard product and still in production. But if some are discontinued you may be able to find out the years of production for the discontinued knives.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I have to ask: is that flocked velvet on the inside? Just to be safe, you might want to find out exactly what it is, and ensure it won't have any adverse effects on any knives you may put in. Whatever it's lined with, that's a very nice display!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
npeters3

Post by npeters3 »

Thank you everyone. I am not sure what the material is on the inside. It is some sort of "velvet" appearing material adhered to plastic to make the mold for the knife to sit into.
I am thinking I will pick an 80's year and go with that.

thank you
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." -John Wooden

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”