Case Flippers

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Flippers

Post by kennedy knives »

Case said at the Blade show it would be August before they hit maybe someone else has a better date .
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

cody6268 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:11 pm . . . Case made a production Lanny's Clip of Tony Bose's design. But, CRKT has recently released a Liong Mah take on the pattern. . .

. . . Case made several tactical models (as imports) under the Tec-X name. Why not revisit some of those designs?

First, I like the looks of that CRKT knife, even has a filler tab for right or left handed pocket clip carry, which is something seen on the better tactical folders. It yields a sleek, finished look in my opinion.

As far as the X-Tac designs go, I'm glad Case is doing something different with these Bradford made flippers. Too often manufacturers (Frost, Boker, Ka-Bar, etc.) cloud the lines of where a new production knife is made. If Case started making some knives in the USA and some made in China/offshore, I would definitely start to question the authenticity of USA made Case knives.

I do not have anything against Chinese knives, I own dozens in fact. But I do have an issue with deception. ::nod:: Just my 2¢.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

These are in stores now, get one before they're gone! :mrgreen:
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Looking and waiting for the Kinzua to show.. Dont have any Tanto bladed folders and been thinking I may have to change that.. And of course.. CASE is the way to go!!!
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
mikek

Post by mikek »

I wonder how this new line will compare with the Benchmade Griptilion, the price is in the same neighborhood.
I pay extra for patina
texoma
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by texoma »

With the Marilla being a flipper I'm not sure what this knife compares to, I'm curious to read some reviews on how smooth it opens, lockup and releases before I would compare or buy.
Frank

Want 85 RHK Antique Walnut Jig Bone & other Harness Jacks
Trade & Buy List Link https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wtt ... s.1884432/
Retirement is a time to enjoy the things you never could before
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

a buddy of mine just got one & he said Case really got it right with the bearings - action is super smooth. ::tu::
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”