Case Collectors Club Elephant Toe #32

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
kingofallvols

Case Collectors Club Elephant Toe #32

Post by kingofallvols »

Elephant Toenail Case Collectors Club

New to knife collecting but I recently came across A CCC Elephants Toe Nail. It was marked # 32 in the series. Im thinking its around 2006 . I dont have the box or the certificate but the knife is in great shape. Does anyone know how many knives was numbered in the series? Does anyone have a ball park on the value?
Thanks for your help
Attachments
WIN_20210802_19_24_46_Pro.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Collectors Club Elephant Toe #32

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kingofallvols wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:40 am Elephant Toenail Case Collectors Club

New to knife collecting but I recently came across A CCC Elephants Toe Nail. It was marked # 32 in the series. Im thinking its around 2006 . I dont have the box or the certificate but the knife is in great shape. Does anyone know how many knives was numbered in the series? Does anyone have a ball park on the value?
Thanks for your help
Here is the tang stamp for 2000 to 2009. In case you aren’t familiar, Case starts with 5 dots and 5 x’s and removes one each year as the decade goes on, so I can see 4 x‘s and no dots, so that would make this a 2006.
I owned all the annual club knives from that year and this is not one of them. So this was probably a special offering for CCC members that year. Usually they made as few as 100 and sometimes around 500 of these special issues. The way they decided who got to purchase these was by drawing your name from a list of all the people that responded and wanted to purchase these knives and if you were chosen, then you could purchase these. I am pretty certain that this knife is one of those special issues. Annual club knives were engraved with your CCC membership number and not serialized.
My memory isn’t good enough for me to remember all the knives like this that I wasn’t chosen to purchase, I wish I had been, that is one that I would have kept.
Ken’s estimate is probably pretty close.
Attachments
FFFE364A-4096-4322-AC09-725D6FCDC77D.jpeg
FFFE364A-4096-4322-AC09-725D6FCDC77D.jpeg (12.57 KiB) Viewed 989 times
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kingofallvols

Post by kingofallvols »

ok well that is some good news and good knowledge that i certainly didnt know. I wanna think everyone for there help. I wish I had the box and certificate to go with it...
Thanks again,
Todd
JamesTuscaloosa

Post by JamesTuscaloosa »

I saw where the highest bid that won for this knife on Shepard Hill Cutlery auction, was $425 dollars. It's hard to find Toenail or Sunfish in bone or stag that isn't pretty expensive. I lucked out by getting mine for $175 on ebay with box and carrier. I could hardly believe it.
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

JamesTuscaloosa wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:08 pm I saw where the highest bid that won for this knife on Shepard Hill Cutlery auction, was $425 dollars. It's hard to find Toenail or Sunfish in bone or stag that isn't pretty expensive. I lucked out by getting mine for $175 on ebay with box and carrier. I could hardly believe it.
I see pakka wood ones going near $175 often.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”