Identify My Case Knife

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Sherry23

Identify My Case Knife

Post by Sherry23 »

If anyone could give me any information on my case knife. How do I tell how old it is. Is there a ID #? I have included some photos. If anyone could help.
Attachments
IMG_20220926_082121595.jpg
IMG_20220926_082032180.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Identify My Case Knife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. The knifes age can usually be determined by the stamp on the tang of the master blade. Over the years Case occasionally changed their tang stamp so it's usually possible to determine the approximate age based on the stamp. Since 1970 the stamp is changed annually.

You did not show a picture of that stamp from your knife so without seeing that it's not possible to determine its age. In the header at the top of this page, click on Research. Then scroll down to find the heading W.R. Case & Sons pocket knife age identification. There you can find the various stamps and dates of use. Compare the stamp on your knife with those shown in the chart. ::tu::

Most Case knives also have a pattern (id #) stamped on them, often on the back of the master blade or on a secondary blade. In the Research section you can find descriptions of the patterns and should be able to determine yours from the info there.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Just guessing from your pictures, I'm going to say it's a 5375. But that's a wild guess based on the bolsters and possible length, looks like 3 blades in your pictures. Please post more information/pictures like Ken said, ::welcome:: to AAPK.

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Sherry23

Post by Sherry23 »

Thank you! It is the Case XX 5375. I also have what I think is a german military straight razor in its original box. it says it is silver. I will post pic of it as well.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”