case redneck 1 and 2 hawkbill

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Marine1966

case redneck 1 and 2 hawkbill

Post by Marine1966 »

Does anyone have any information on the Case Hawkbill REDNECK #1 and #2? My father had a large Case knife collection and he had these two in his collection. I can not find out about them. Both are in original cases not sure of the numbers. I do know that only 600 of each were made.
Beavertail

Re: case redneck 1 and 2 hawkbill

Post by Beavertail »

Did a quick search and found they were exclusive offerings by SMKW.
Found one on eBay for sale for $369
Attachments
s-l1600-1.jpg
Tim
Marine1966

Post by Marine1966 »

Yes I saw that post. There was another redneck 2 for $450.00. I have been unable to find any info on the redneck #1 which makes me think its valuable. I don't plan on selling either one but would like to know worth. he had several hundred case knifes and I'm sure I will sell some at some point. Also, thank you for your reply
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

If you are not in the market to sell what difference will it make as to how much it is worth? Knife prices are very subjective you may have one guy willing to give $100 for a particular knife and the next may pay $250.
If it wasyour dads just keep it and pass it to your kids ::tu::
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

BIGHEAD wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:49 pm If you are not in the market to sell what difference will it make as to how much it is worth? Knife prices are very subjective you may have one guy willing to give $100 for a particular knife and the next may pay $250.
If it was your dads just keep it and pass it to your kids ::tu::
Zactly! ::tu::

One way to determine the value of a knife you own is to simply ask yourself these two questions:

1) What's the minimum amount I would accept if I were to offer it for sale?

2) If I didn't own this knife but wanted to buy it, how much would I be willing to pay for it?

Basic rule of thumb for determining knife value:
A knife is worth the amount that lies at intersection of how much a buyer is willing to pay and how much the seller is willing to let it go for (and that amount can vary significantly depending on numerous variables).
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Hey Marine1966, for value look up what other Hawkbill knives have sold for. Don’t be fooled by the “limited production, serial number, collector’s case” hoopla. Just think of it like any other Hawkbill from that time. Case may have only made 600 of these for SMKW, but that doesn’t mean it’s worth more than others made at the same time with different handle materials and different etching on the blades. This statement is not a knock on Case, but you have to understand that Case likes to make knives for collector’s and using this approach has worked for them since the 70’s. I find a lot of collector’s could care less about a display case for a knife and find them a nuisance to store. Chances are Case made thousands of other Hawkbills that year, maybe ten’s of thousands.
If you start to just look at this like just another Hawkbill from that era, I think that will help you determine price. Sometimes there are some valuable collector knives that Case made, the 4H knives come to mind, so you will have to see if this is one of them or one of thousands and it’s just simply another Hawkbill.
Welcome to the forum by the way. Glad you are here.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”