Real or fantasy knife

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
montemojo

Real or fantasy knife

Post by montemojo »

I know very little about Remington knives. I dont beleive this is original heres a picture
20170219_085336.jpg
Thanks Monte
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Real or fantasy knife

Post by stockman »

Monte, Hard to see in the picture to much going on other than the knife, but I think it is real.

Harold
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Not much to go on with just one picture. Is there a pattern number? Are both blades stamped?

I don't especially like the looks of it. Most of all the handles.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

btrwtr wrote:Not much to go on with just one picture. Is there a pattern number? Are both blades stamped?

I don't especially like the looks of it. Most of all the handles.
I was thinking the same thing the bone handles dont look like Remington
Thanks Monte
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

A man at the local flea mkt has it. I will try to get more pics this weekend. I dont think it has a model number. If my memory serves me correctly. Thanks for looking Harold and Wayne
Monte
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

All of the Remington's I've seen have Rodgers bone. These handles do not appear to be.

JMO
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

Monte you sure make it hard for a feller! According to your tang stamp Remington logo it appears it was produced from 1935-1940. Can you answer the following questions?

1. What is the closed length of the knife?
2. How many blades and show pic of both blades.
3. What's the liner made of ? Brass, steel or nickel silver.

The knife appears to be similar to several patterns I am aware of but if so, it should have genuine stag and not stag,(bone).
with a few good pics and requested information I think I can give you the answers and pattern number you are looking to obtain ::tu:: .
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”