Remington Moorman's Knife

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
just bob

Remington Moorman's Knife

Post by just bob »

Is this a true Remington knife or has it been altered? I've never seen another with the punch in this position? If not does anyone know who actually made the Moorman's knife? None on ebay in completed items or in Google images.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292116642949?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Attachments
rem.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Remington Moorman's Knife

Post by Colonel26 »

I can't speak to the authenticity of any Remington. But I do know that several companies made advertising knives for MoorMan. I wouldn't be surprised that Remington had.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Remumc

Post by Remumc »

Real deal. look up R7823 and R7825. Punches could be anywhere depending on model. Many had main blade and punch on same end.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Thank you for posting that information. I appreciate the insight.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”