Jumbo Remington gunstock

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Jumbo Remington gunstock

Post by peanut740 »

Ditto,Wayne ,Keith and Ray.Not close to a vintage Remington.
Roger
schmoozer

Post by schmoozer »

The guys on this forum are incredibly sceptical but very fair. If They say fantasy, accept it and learn. I greatly appreciate your post as you are educating all of us.

Hitting a home run here is as rare as hens teeth... ::uc::
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

Here’s a thought... maybe everyone is correct. It is “not” a Remington knife made in the 1920’s or the 1930’s regardless of the Trademark tang stamp. You can’t always judge a book by it cover must less a modern era tang stamp of a vintage tang stamp. Those of us that have handled enough old Remington knives know what that factory stamp looks like. That stamp is probably the same era as oh let’s say the Camillus/Remington era stamping. It is a “fantasy” marketing knife for Remington and possibly by Remington or let’s say by Parker or Frost Cutlery but regardless made more than likely out side these United States. Not saying Japan or China but possible...Remington and before mentioned companies had/has knives contracted for production out of Italy and also Germany to name a few. I have seen this knife on several occasions over the last few years on the internet and on eBay. It’s a decent knife but for those of us who collect original factory production Remington knives from the 1920’s and 1930’s... this is not one of them. But if you collect Remington...period... I’d put it in the pot and call it stew! Just my humble input. ::tu::
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”