Seeking information on Remington pocket knife

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
GRPRPG

Seeking information on Remington pocket knife

Post by GRPRPG »

Hello,
I'm looking for any information i can find on the following knife.
The handle material appears to be yellowed plastic of some sort. The pins and liners look like nickel silver. Each blade has a different tang stamp. I hope the pictures are clear enough.
Thanks for anything you can tell me about this knife.
Greg
ps. Site wont let me use [img} for some reason?

https://i.imgur.com/xAiSiqj.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/v0U1uoF.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/IGDJOoy.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/Ve9Ovje.jpg?1
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Seeking information on Remington pocket knife

Post by 1967redrider »

Here are the photos-
Attachments
xAiSiqj.jpg
v0U1uoF.jpg
Ve9Ovje.jpg
IGDJOoy.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
espn77

Post by espn77 »

The different stamps from master blade to the pen blade have different stamps. The master is the blade that will date your knife. Nice little knife. ::tu::
GRPRPG

Post by GRPRPG »

1967redrider, Thanks for fixing the pictures. I kept getting a notice that [img} would not work.

espn77, Thanks for that info. I did not know that. Is their a resource to find the dates of manufacture for each of the tang stamps?
espn77

Post by espn77 »

This is the most common one used.
Attachments
20190308_104257.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

GRPRPG wrote:1967redrider, Thanks for fixing the pictures. I kept getting a notice that [img} would not work.

espn77, Thanks for that info. I did not know that. Is their a resource to find the dates of manufacture for each of the tang stamps?
Welcome to AAPK!

Regarding your inability to post img photos, AAPK doesn’t support third party picture hosting, because when/if your subscription expires or the photos are removed for whatever reason, they’re no longer accessible here for future researchers. Nothing more frustrating than to be looking at an older post only to see “photo no longer available”. For that reason AAPK has provided ample server storage, so photos can be uploaded directly from your device into your posts here. (Directions for how to post pictures can be found in the AAPK Tips and Tricks section. viewforum.php?f=98

As to your question on “resource to find the dates of manufacture for each of the tang stamps”, one of these resources is right here on AAPK. Up there in the light gray header at the very top of this page, click on “Research” which will take you here https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/page/research.php. Scroll down to find the manufacturer you’re interested in and information for each. ::tu::

Welcome again and hope you enjoy your membership here!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
GRPRPG

Post by GRPRPG »

Thanks Mumbleypeg!
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Just wondering about the tang stamp chart shown here. One of the last and latest ones states 1935-1940 but it has UMC in the circle and UMC sold out to DuPont in 1932. Seems to me that there would be no more UMC marks by 1933. Remington Hunting knives all changed their marks from UMC to DuPont when ownership changed. I know there are mistakes in many tang charts regarding exact dates, do you Remmy folding knife guys think this is one of them? Why would DuPont want a previous owner's mark on their product? Seems incorrect to me.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Gunsil wrote:Just wondering about the tang stamp chart shown here. One of the last and latest ones states 1935-1940 but it has UMC in the circle and UMC sold out to DuPont in 1932. Seems to me that there would be no more UMC marks by 1933. Remington Hunting knives all changed their marks from UMC to DuPont when ownership changed. I know there are mistakes in many tang charts regarding exact dates, do you Remmy folding knife guys think this is one of them? Why would DuPont want a previous owner's mark on their product? Seems incorrect to me.
Interesting observation gunsil. I don't recall ever seeing that stamp. I'm going to have to look threw my knives to see if I can find one.
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”