Long search over

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
Remumc

Long search over

Post by Remumc »

I have spent many years trying to put together my collection of the 10 Remington handle codes. I got all 10 put together a few years ago and now I try to upgrade to all etched blades. After probably 15 years a very nice 0 code buffalo horn knife (R6520) finally found me at the OKCA show in Eugene Oregon. I want etched blades on all 10. Still need to find a 6 code stag knife with etch. Here is the little buffalo horn whittler.
DSCN3205.JPG
DSCN3204.JPG
DSCN3206.JPG
Doc B

Re: Long search over

Post by Doc B »

Nice find!!! ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

All of you collectors impress me. What patience.
That is a beautiful and apparently important knife.
A fine little whittler.
Joe
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

A large percent of enjoyment of this hobby is meeting people, looking at, and searching for the next
knife to add to your selected collection.

Nice knife!

Bob

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”