The start of something

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
Caseman601225

The start of something

Post by Caseman601225 »

Many years ago I was gifted an old Case knife and that got me started collecting. For a while I was a rabid collector. I’ve slowed down in recent years due to finances and life in general.

Yesterday I was going through some old boxes my Dad left behind when he passed and I came across this old gem. I’m under no illusions as to value. Lol. But somebody loved and used this knife a LOT. I now feel that itch, that same old tickle and want to know the history of these knives. I have no idea how old this is, or even which carbon steel they used, but I’ll say that about 6 licks on some crock sticks has the main blade shaving hair. Just thought I’d share. Here I go again. Lol
Attachments
895A6AED-037F-4CB3-8457-E946EA09106C.jpeg
0ED04E2D-AAE2-4258-83E4-27F19B119DCC.jpeg
ScoutKnives

Re: The start of something

Post by ScoutKnives »

Beautiful old relic , with that stamp it was made pre 1935 .
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

She's a beauty!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

What a great old knife and that acorn shield really sets it off. ::nod:: ::tu::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

That old Remington can proudly sport the title, HOK! Do you remember your Dad carrying that one? That would make it much more special. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Good looking knife. Can you see what pattern it is? I like it. ::tu::
Caseman601225

Post by Caseman601225 »

As a VERY little boy, what I remember is the acorn. I’m 48, and my memory of it has to be from pre-kindergarten. I haven’t even thought of it in that long. Dad was a big knife and gun guy. He regularly had more than one knife with him. There would be one for tougher work and typically one that was nicer, so if you needed a knife he’d ask what for before deciding which one to hand you. Lol.

Where would I find a pattern number?
espn77

Post by espn77 »

On the back of the big blade, in the flat area closest to the handle could possibly be a R____ number.
Caseman601225

Post by Caseman601225 »

To my aging eyes it doesn’t look like there was ever a number there. Unless I’m looking in the wrong spot.
Attachments
92E736D3-1A4D-4C82-8B28-03C9FEE3D5E5.jpeg

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”