Any news on a 2022 Bullet knife?

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Any news on a 2022 Bullet knife?

Post by 1967redrider »

You guys are a bad influence, also picked up the Zippo for free shipping. ::mdm::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Here it is. I am impressed with the quality and the looks of this one. Only small complaint is a little bit of glue that worked it’s way onto the outside of the backsprings wasn’t removed, but that happens on a lot of knives. The snap is not real hard, but that doesn’t bother me. I don’t need a loud snap on a knife, that doesn’t affect the performance of a knife at all. The covers are beautiful on this. It will look great in my Barlow collection.
Attachments
5FE6FB22-DFEC-4958-BCA6-98D59DB680D2.jpeg
F52D6F59-509D-4329-BF5A-A0E1DF43A98E.jpeg
DD974F9A-B7EF-47B5-BEBD-6CD191AE6856.jpeg
2DCE1E83-C73F-42B2-A5EE-53B3DEB1917C.jpeg
48A6EDAD-EBC1-4E7C-8641-6CD8EA529880.jpeg
75437C16-BD81-458E-B3D2-6011CB45AE78.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

According to FedEx tracking mine is supposed to be delivered today.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Not a bad knife.
The grind on the pen blade is not the best.
It needs a good cleaning the cuts in the saw cut bone are full of black gunk.
Probably polishing compound. Once it's cleaned it will be a pretty good one.
Attachments
20221119_155437.jpg
David
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Mine arrived over the weekend, along with the "Face Off" Zippo. Wanted to dig out my 1930's RB44 and take some pictures for comparison. I really liked the fit and finish on these, great quality for the price of $70 and it includes a fact sheet in a sleeve that Mark has pictured above. ::tu:: ::tu::

One thing is for sure, Bear did a much better job hafting the scales to meet the bolsters than Remington did. ::nod::
Attachments
IMG_20191003_192345076.jpg

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Mark sure is a much better photographer than I am. ::tu::
David
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

I got mine today. Unfortunately, I may send it back.

The blade grind makes this knife look like it was sharpened by someone more accustomed to sharpening lawn mower blades. Seriously, the master blade looks used and abused. Not even sure I could call the master blade "full."

Also, there is a big gap between the backspring and the liner on the pile side. Big enough to fit two thicknesses of printer paper.

I also think the bullet shield looks kind of second rate. And that is surprising to me as Bear should know how these are done.

I know it cost less than the Buck or GEC Bullet knives, but I still expected better.

Based on the positive comments above, I am hoping I just got a bad one. It happens.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Great Eastern is making a grand daddy barlow for this years bulllet knife, should be available soon from SMKW, looks to be very well made like last years.
Attachments
IMG_7101.jpeg
IMG_0022.jpeg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Interesting. The picture shows the sterling “Silver Bullet” shield. Probably going to be expensive based on that, but maybe just some of them will be Silver Bullets. ::hmm::

Maybe the 2022 Bear knives weren’t well received compared to the 2021 version from GEC. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

JohnR wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:12 pm Great Eastern is making a grand daddy barlow for this years bulllet knife, should be available soon from SMKW, looks to be very well made like last years.
Very nice, thanks, JohnR. ::handshake::

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”