Remington identification

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
maverick

Remington identification

Post by maverick »

What style and number
Attachments
20230215_194153.jpg
20230215_194153.jpg
ea42

Re: Remington identification

Post by ea42 »

What's the closed length? Do you have a photo of the other side of the knife?

Eric
maverick

Post by maverick »

3 1/2 inches closed
Attachments
20230215_194123.jpg
ea42

Post by ea42 »

OK it's a harness jack and looks like an R883 which would be stag. I know I thought it was bone on your previous post but seeing the mark side now it looks a lot like very pocket worn stag. Kind of hard to tell without having it in hand close-up.

Eric
maverick

Post by maverick »

Thanks Eric, nice to know that info ,glad it is stag,i read somewhere the stag was very rare on the acorn sheild with punch blade knife,thanks again
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Maverick not saying I'm positive it's stag, just that it looks like it might be with those deeper random grooves but it's possible those are separations in bone too. Would need close pics. Cool knife all the same though. ::tu::

Eric

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”