This isn't really a prayer request; however, if you've a mind to, they will be MOST appreciated. This is more about how God answers prayer and takes care of us when we ask Him.
This is an abbreviated Readers Digest version from me:
My daughter (Lisa) is 43 years old and will be 44 next month. Four years ago, she thought she had her last child...a healthy baby girl. Well, she became pregnant again 23 weeks ago. On September 11, 2022, 10 days ago, she experienced a PROM (premature rupture of membrane) of the amniotic sack. This is something different from her water breaking prior to labor. Her sack tore and she lost 90% of her water. Her fetus is only at 22 weeks...which made the baby's situation VERY serious. She went to emergency at Ascension Sacred Heart hospital, Pensacola, Fl to be evaluated. The biggest concern was; with the amniotic fluid being at 10%, the baby's lungs would not develop the way they should, along with other aspects of development. (Lisa has been given steroid shots, not for her, but for the baby to assist in the development of the lungs). She was admitted that evening. Sacred Heart has the largest NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) in the state of Florida and has ALL the major equipment and resources to deal with preemies. If the baby makes it to 23 weeks (which it did on Monday, 19 Sept), the baby has a 40% chance of survival. If the baby makes it to 24 weeks, 60%, and 25 weeks, 80%. Lisa's goal is 34 weeks. She must remain in the hospital until that time, or until the situation 'may' call for taking measures for survival. Her nurses and doctors are just awesome and provide her with straightforward answers to her questions and situation. She is able to be mobile, albeit, via wheelchair. Her other children are able to visit and even do a one-on-one sleepover with her. Her husband, Ryan, is doing the best he can in coordinating each day with them, and his mother and Lisa's mother take turns watching them if Ryan spends the night with Lisa.
God has had His hand in this entire situation from day one. It's amazing to see how things are evolving and coming to fruition with each and every prayer, support and medical technology. Lisa has been quite the testimony of God's Love and answered prayer in the past ten days. The below UPDATE is the most recent I've received.
God is GOOD and Merciful...providing His Grace.
Thank you for listening. (reading)
BABY CURRAN UPDATE #4 From Lisa:
I couldn't wait to share some news before the sun went down. But first...
I have to say it again and again, God is working out all these fine details and weaving one beautiful story. I'm so glad I started a journal last week so I can keep up with not only the facts and STATS but all the emotions and celebrations that come along with a season like this.
Backing up for a moment, a friend shared with me today how the Lord tugged on her heart to ask a small group of ladies to pray for Baby Curran...back on September 9th. Only this friend knew of the baby and the rest of the group didn't. It was a struggle for her to release the information, but the Holy Spirit was prompting her to ask these women to pray for this baby. Friends!! Nothing happened until September 11th, but these women were already covering Baby Curran in prayer and protection!! None of them had any idea and none of us would have known to expect anything to happen that would lead to an emergency.
The Lord still speaks to His children and I hope you all have a beautiful circle of people that will listen to His voice and obey when you know He's nudging you to act.
We've begun daily monitoring. I don't require 24-hour monitoring because I don't have BP issues and baby is continuing to look great on the strips. I have zero signs of labor or anything that would indicate further concern. For now, my body is fully cooperating and we love uneventful days on this floor.
I'm certain I'm finally coming off the steroid shots I had. Sunday was the 2nd (and last) one, but whew, that sucker lingered for a long time. The cloudiness in my head, the lightheadedness, and the fact that when I picked up a pen to write some notes I didn't see my own handwriting. I didn't know who I was turning into. LOL I think I'm finally past that and it feels so much better.
The visitors I've had recently (sometimes 3 in one day and sometimes overlapping) have been wonderful. I never feel like I have to entertain anyone and I'm sure everyone is getting a cool education when they're here. The added bonus is that I'm exhausted from the laughing and conversations that I'm ready for bed by 8pm and I sleep great!! See? Friendships and laughter are great sleepy medicine.
Okay, ready for this!??
Friends, if you've ever felt like your prayers aren't reaching our Father, if you've ever wondered about the importance of fervent prayer, and if you've felt the slightest twinge of doubt as you're petitioning God for a miracle...STOP!! Keep going! Keep praying! Keep asking! Keep believing! And when your faith is being shaken, reach out to others so they can lift you up!
September 11th, amnio fluid was at 2.
September 13th, amnio fluid was at 4.
September 20th, amnio fluid is now at 12.3!!!!
THIS IS HUGE!! Our family has been prayed for in this hospital, in Santa Rosa County, in TX, VA, SD, AZ, CA, ID, (and perhaps every state), AND all the way from the Netherlands!! Baby Curran is a fighter and a survivor and I cannot wait to introduce you all to this beautiful baby you've all committed so much of your prayer time to. THANK YOU! Thank you for loving us so well. Thank you for your sacrifices. Thank you for believing with us and thank you for rejoicing with us as the weeks go by.
Lisa (single photo)
Lisa and my oldest daughter, Lori
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."