New prayer request for Alyson

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Meridian_Mike

Re: New prayer request for Alyson

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Dale....
I will most assuredly continue to pray for you and especially Alyson.
God is our strength, He is our fortress in time of trouble and He is our peace.
When we face uncertain times, He sees our future and is always there to comfort us.
Be strong my friend. Trust the Lord, His plan is perfect.

God bless you my brother.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Still praying Dale.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I think of you guys and pray for you daily that God will give you the strength. That he will give you peace and comfort for whatever you must face. During our pray time on Sunday mornings folks always ask how Alyson is doing before we pray. God bless you both my friend.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Sorry for the bitter news Dale. Our prayers are for precious Alyson.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

So sorry to read this Dale. I will continue to pray for you and Alyson
wlf

Post by wlf »

Prayers Dale, we love ya.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Praying for Alyson, hoping and praying for the both of you. ::pray::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Update 11/7/22.

Friday Alyson & I met with the oncologist, he said Alyson has an aggressive form of cancer called triple negative breast cancer. The doctor said this cancer is very aggressive and incurable, but it can be controlled with medication.
First an IV chemo to knock the cancer down quickly,p p then a weaker form of chemo, perhaps just a pill, that will keep the cancer from growing again.
The doctor says she will be on some form of treatment for the cancer for the rest of her life.

Please keep Alyson in your prayers.

I am making progress from my rotator cuff surgery, I can drive again, but I wouldn't want to drive too much yet. Still pretty sore.
Thank you again for all for your prayers!
God bless you all.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Dale, you two sure are going through some rough stuff and I've got you on a permanent spot on my nightly prayer list along with my wayward kids and grandkids and a few friends that are going through stuff similar to you. God bless you with His peace and mercy and strength.____Dave
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Thanks for the update Dale.
Yes, like Dave, you and your family, especially Alyson, have a permanent place in my evening prayers.
God is your strength. you will be needing more strength from God as days progress. May God bless you with sufficient strength for each day.
AND, I pray that Alyson will receiver the strength she needs to deal with this cancer daily. May God also give her peace and comfort.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dale, not the news we were praying for. :(
Praying for comfort and peace as y'all proceed through this issue. ::pray::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

So sorry for this news for you and Alyson. Y’all have been, are, and will be in my prayers.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I have been wanting to update Alyson's condition for some time now, but we just were able to meet with the oncologist today and get a more definitive picture of what we're facing.
The Dr. said Alyson's cancer is very aggressive and it's also genetic. The genetic component means she is not a candidate for immunotherapy. two weeks ago she had her first chemo session and it hit her much harder than it does most people. Her platelet count is 14 and they won't even consider chemo until she's up to 80, ideally over 100. the doctor said hopefully this means the cancer took a huge hit from the chemo as well. he has suspended the chemo until her platelet count is up, which will give her some time to recover. They will recheck her platelets again in 2 weeks.
I asked the doctor what we should expect, and he looked at Alyson and asked her if she wanted to hear this. We had discussed that beforehand, and she said, "of course."

I appreciate the doctors candor and he said realistically, one and a half to two years. He told her that doesn't mean you die then, but half of the people who have this condition will die within that time frame, and the other half will outlive it. He said, "Hopefully you will be one of the ones that outlive the statistics."

We talked to both of her children this evening, and they are responsible for telling their children. Alyson is just not physically strong enough to go through that process with all five of her grandchildren.

I think we are both doing better than we expected; there are two reasons I can think of that; 1- the presence of our Lord with us, and 2- the incredible number of believers who have come around us and held us up in prayer, including the members of AAPK!

A few people have asked how my shoulder is recovering from the rotator cough surgery; it seems to be coming around, I'm doing physical therapy, and it really hurts, so it must be doing some good. Right?

Please continue to hold us up in your prayers. I am a bit worn out tonight. God bless you all!
Please "Pray without ceasing!"  Thesslonians  5:18
God bless you all!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Dale, my love and heart go out to you and Alyson❤️ I think I have said this before but Alyson is one of the nicest and most gracious woman I ever had the pleasure to meet!! She is just such a joy to be around! I am going to pray every day and fervently for the Lord to pour out his tender mercies on you both and his healing spirit🙏🏻 All the very best to you both👍
Lloyd
eveled

Post by eveled »

::pray::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Prayers for you all Dale.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

News like that is never easy to hear. We don't want to have a "time line" put on our lives.
I do continue to remember Alyson and Tymbre in my prayers every evening. I also pray that God will continue to give you strength. As those close to you might lose their strength, you will have to be the strong one. Let God's strength flow through you and assure Alyson that NO ONE nor ANY THING can take her out of God's loving hands.
God bless you my brother.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Dale, I will continue to pray for Alyson and the whole family. There are many blessings that will come out of this. We can’t see the whole picture but the Lord sees from the beginning to the end and He has a good plan, rest assured in His hands.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Lord, Creator of all the universe, merciful Father, I come before Your throne in humble prayer. I lift up Dale, Alyson and Tymbre to You this morning and ask that the Holy Spirit will be present in their lives giving them the courage and strength to deal with these difficult problems. Holy Father I pray for a miracle that Alyson will beat the odds and the cancer. Holy Father I pray for a miracle in Tymbre’s condition that she too will find treatment and healing that will give her many more years with her family. Lord Your Word teaches us to seek Your will in our lives and to pray for each other daily. Here I am Lord seeking Your will and praying for comfort and healing in these Your precious children. Grant our request Lord and may You receive all the honor, glory and praise. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Amen.

God strengthen and bless you Dale.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sorry to read this Dale, but it sounds like you have the right mindset. Do what's necessary and above all, pray. You just never know about God's grace. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Dale, you and Alyson have my prayers and I will continue this throughout your journey.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Precious Allyson. ::pray::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Holding both of you and yours up in prayer and will continue to do so. God bless you all. 🙏 ::pray::
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Dale, prayers are lifted up for Allyson
May God's love comfort and support you all through this difficult time

Randy
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Dale, you have a lot on your heart right now.
Keep casting your cares upon the Lord, for He cares for you.

We will keep praying.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”