Prayer Request For My Mom

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Prayer Request For My Mom

Post by treefarmer »

Dale, that is some good news! Sounds like she had a wonderful time on Mother's Day, will continue to remember y'all in our prayers.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Glad to hear Dale! Glad to hear!!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

::tu:: ::tu::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

::tu:: ::pray:: Will keep her on pur prayer list.
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

Wonderful to hear a good report, Dale. Will continue prayers for you and yours.

WB
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Dale, you are in my thoughts and prayers, your friend, Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I thought I should update everyone on mom's condition. The hospice nurse says she is in the honeymoon phase. She has regained a good deal for strength and is able to get around with a walker and a bit of help from time to time. Some weeks she feels good enough to go to church and maybe even to the store. Going anywhere outside of the house takes a lot of strength out of her and leaves her tired for a couple of days but she is still plugging away and has a good attitude. It is a real blessing or her to be able to go outside and look at her garden. That is a huge passion of hers, that and watching the birds.

A lot of the grandkids been able to come visit this summer and that's hard on both mom and dad just due to the sheer number of highly energetic children but they absolutely LOVE it when their grandchildren visit!!

It's almost as if God has blessed us with a little more time with both mom and dad. Our family has truly been blessed by God and by all you folks and your prayers. Thank you and God bless you all.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Dale, I love it when God just smiles down on us, even when things all around us are storming and heartache isn't far away. He is even closer. God bless you and your family. ____Dave
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I'm so glad to hear that she is having some good days. I'm sure all of you are enjoying them while they are still here.

Thoughts and prayers for your mom and the rest of your family, Dale.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Thanks for the update Dale, thank the good Lord she able to enjoy the grandchildren, birds and garden. In the later years the simple things that we take for granted when we are younger, can sure be precious. God bless you all. ::pray::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I didn't realize that had been July since I last updated this topic. I certainly appreciate all the prayers you fellows have put in on the behalf of my mom and dad.

A lot has happened since I first posted this thread in April. We had a summer of Grace. The word "grace" in the Greek language means "gift." And this summer really was a gift. Mom had a reprieve in her leukemia and was able to get up and outside and visit with kids and grandkids that came to visit her. It was a real blessing. How much longer that will continue, if it will, is something I can't answer.

I talked to mom and dad Saturday and dad is really worried about mom. Mom says she's not as bad as he thinks, but from what I can gather she is not doing well either. The leukemia has thickened her blood so now her blood pressure is really low and she tends to get lightheaded and pass out if she's setting up to long. She told me, "Now I understand when they say heaven is only half a heartbeat away."
I'm going to go to go down and visit with them on Wednesday or Thursday. I hope to have a better understanding of what's going on at that time.

Our family has been greatly blessed to have had my mom with us and doing so well this summer. God blessed us and answered your prayers. Thanks again for your faithfulness; please continue to remember mom and dad in your prayers.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers will certainly continue Dale for your mom and family.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I am happy that your summer with your mom was good. All too often, we take for granted what time we have left, but it sounds like you had some real quality family time going on, truly a blessing!

I will continue to pray for your mom and the rest of your family, Dale.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Dale, I thank the Lord for the wonderful relationship you have with your Mom and what a wonderful testimony she is of God's grace. Hope your visit is fruitful and that our God will continue His sweet favor on your mom until she goes to be with Him. Our prayers are for your Dad too in this terrifically trying time. You are in our prayers daily.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Dale I too am praying for your parents and you as well. Even with the blessings you have received, these can't be easy days to go through. May God bless all of you.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you all for your prayers and your support. It makes a huge difference to know there are people behind you who care and are supporting you with prayer! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Dale I think you and your wife are just wonderful, kind and lovely people. So I too join with the others and pray heaven’s choicest blessing on you both, your parents and your family. I pray your mothers reprieve from leukemia continues and that your father is blessed with additional stamina during this ordeal. Have a safe trip and I hope/pray all is well when you get there! Getting older and dealing with all the vissitudes of life has made me appreciate my parents (both now deceased) siblings, children and grand children so much more. Sometimes it hard to understand why me must go through so much during life. But our Creator has ordained this life as a time to prepare to meet him. We must know pain to appreciate well being, difficulties to develop courage and death to understand eternal life! He is coming and very soon so be prepared ::nod:: :)
Lloyd
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Hang in there Dale. Thoughts and prayers for your mom.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Dale, thanks for the update and I'll keep you and your family on my prayer list.____Dave
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Dale, she remains on the prayer list, may God blessed all of you. ::pray::
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Thoughts and prayers Dale for your Mom and family!!!
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Update on mom's condition.
First, I would like to thank Floyd for reminding me that I had not posted update in over a month. My apologies to all of you are praying for mom and dad. As someone who prays a lot for other people I find it frustrating when I don't get feedback from the people I pray for to know if my prayers are working or to know if I should try something different. It is always good to get feedback on the people you are praying for!

I find myself spread a little thin these days, between trying to visit my parents as often as possible, attend high school graduations for grandchildren who are making that transition and to see at least one baseball/football/basketball game for the grandsons and great grandsons who are playing these sports. When everyone was in Oregon it was a little more manageable, but now we have them spread from as far east as Cheyenne Wyoming! This weekend we’re visiting a great-grandson, watching him blade T-ball.

Alyson and I were down to visit my folks on May 4, mom is doing quite well for someone who has leukemia. They took her off hospice because her blood had improved above a certain level and that triggered her removal from the hospice program. She will be eligible to go back on hospice as soon as her condition worsens a little bit.
The doctors have had her on some pretty heavy doses of prednisone which gives her lots of energy and she wants to clean house and plant things in her garden outside. She doesn’t quite have enough strength to do it but she is so amped up on the prednisone that she is driving my dad nuts! He has to go outside to get away from her and get a little bit of rest because she has all this energy and wants to do things, but he doesn't have much energy at all! So mom talks dad's ear off and he goes outside and runs the riding lawnmower or the lawnmower on the tractor.

On the fourth we went down to visit and I sharpened dads mowers, both the riding mower and the tractor mower, my brother came up and helped. It was a good time to see mom and dad, but I can understand why mom is driving dad a little bonkers!
The doctors are still backing her off of the prednisone so she is at least getting a little sleep now.

Please continue to keep mom and dad (Don & Kathryn) in your prayers. They are doing better than we have any right to expect and I believe that is due to all people praying for them! Next month as their 70th wedding anniversary, six months ago I never thought they would live long enough to see their anniversary. Now it looks like they may possibly make it, by the grace of God and lots of prayers.
Thank you all for praying! ::handshake::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Dale for the good news on your mom and dad. The problems with the meds are sure a whole lot better than the problems without them. I thank the Lord that she is able to enjoy life. 70 years married. Wow! ::tu:: ::nod::
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Great news, Dale. Prayers for continued strength and healing.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers continuing Dale and thanks for the update.

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”