Answered Prayers for Treefarmer & Miss Joy

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Answered Prayers for Treefarmer & Miss Joy

Post by orvet »

I have been praying a lot the last few days for my friend Phil (treefarmer) and his wife Miss Joy. They live in the Florida Panhandle a little ways north of Panama City, in Chipley Florida. I had dinner with Phil and Miss Joy in August 2012 when I was helping my buddy Paul, move to Weston Florida. Ironically it was just the day after I had dinner with Phil and Miss Joy that Paul and I stopped and held up for a day while hurricane Isaac went across Florida.
I remember seeing all the trees around Chipley and I can only imagine the kind of damage a hurricane would do in that area. I know Phil and Miss Joy live out of town a little ways so I was pretty concerned for them and had been praying for them a lot even before hurricane Michael came ashore.
The Lord is faithful, He does answer prayers; and He answered mine.

About 8 AM Pacific Time this morning I got a call from Phil. He and Miss Joy had been able to drive out to Dothan Alabama to get an electrical adapter of some sort to connect his generator to his pump so they could have water. The store he was at had taken names of people waiting for these adapters; they were expecting a truck this morning delivering 600 adapters. Phil was standing in line with a few hundred other folks waiting for this adapter when he called me.

He said before the storm, they moved all of their vehicles, cars, trucks, tractors etc. out into the garden when they wouldn’t have trees landing on them. They had a large live oak tree right next to the front porch and a good size pine tree next to one of the bedrooms I believe he said. He said those two trees made it through the storm okay without any major damage and without any damage to their house. He said the rest of the trees on his place did not fare so well.

He said a couple days after the storm hit their new pastor and his wife came walking through the swamp to check on them. Another friend was trying to come down the road to check on them, but could not get through because of the jumble of downed trees on the road. Some other guys came along and asked him where he was trying to go and he said, “I wanted to check on my friends back here.” These guys were a gospel singing group who also owned chainsaws, so they helped Phil’s friend clear the road back to Phil’s place. That’s how Phil was able to get out today to go to Dothan.

Phil said they have no internet service, no cell phone service and not even any landline service there at his place. He said normally the landline telephone will survive a hurricane, but it didn’t this time.

I had the uncharacteristic foresight to order a second AAPK 2018 Club Knife for Phil, because I knew he wouldn’t be able to order it before they were gone. When I told him about that he started chuckling and said, “Ya’ know I was thinking about that. I sure am glad you thought to order one for me. I was afraid I wouldn’t get one!”
Phil and I talked for about 8 minutes, and then he said he had to go because they were calling names for people who were waiting for the adapters.
Please keep Phil and Miss Joy in your prayers, along with all the other folks affected by the hurricane. From what I hear on the news it may be three or four weeks before they get electricity back to all the folks in that area. Phil said, “You cannot believe the devastation!”

Please keep Phil and everyone else affected by hurricane Michael in your prayers. ::pray::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Answered Prayers for Treefarmer & Miss Joy

Post by EyeBJoe »

God Bless and Keep Treefarmer and Joy. And Thank You Orvet for this heartfelt post.

Joe D.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Thank you Dale, backing it down to DEFCON 3. Property can be repaired/replaced but life can't, good to know that Phillip will be posting again soon.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
wlf

Post by wlf »

Amen. Thanks Dale
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Thanks for the news Dale.
Glad to hear Phil and Miss Joy fared well and are ok.
::pray::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Thanks Dale. I've been worried about them and have been praying. Phil is a great friend to a lot of people and has been a real blessing to Jane and I when we needed a prayer partner. This is a huge relief. ____Dave
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Glad to hear it. I don't have his cell number but I see it would have done no good even if I had. They were just starting to harvest trees. Makes me wonder what effect the storm will have on that.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jlw257

Post by jlw257 »

jerryd6818 wrote:Glad to hear it. I don't have his cell number but I see it would have done no good even if I had. They were just starting to harvest trees. Makes me wonder what effect the storm will have on that.
JerryD, the trees we saw from TF pictures were nice Pine logs and poles ( Power Line Poles ). After a Big Storm like Michael the trees that haven’t blew down or broken off are stress and twisted from the winds which make them worthless for lumber or poles. They will have to sell them as Paperwood for a much lower price. Most of the trees blow down will never be harvested.
Larry W

Happiness is looking for XX Case Red Stag Knives
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Thank God for bringing them through the storm. And thank you Dale for bringing us this good news. I’ve been praying for good news.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thanx Dale ::handshake:: I didn't think TF would let the storm win..
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

That's great to hear that they made it through okay, and will be able to get some fresh water.

You're a good man, Dale! ::tu::
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Very glad to hear Phil and Miss Joy made it through that storm and thanks for the update Dale ::tu:: ... I will continue to keep them in my thoughts as they get their lives back in order... after Hurricane Sandy I know what it is like to have no water and no power for days on end so hope for a return of all for Phil and Miss Joy asap...

Post by EWMailman »

GREAT News!!!! Thank you for sharing.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::groove:: ::groove:: ::groove::
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Thanks for the update, glad to hear Philip and family survived and are doing ok, I'm sure recovery will be a long process, just glad they are ok.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Thanks for the update Dale and thank the good Lord for bringing them through this awful storm. ::pray::
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Great news for where they were..still a lot of pain and
work ahead but good to hear they are ok.

stag
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Glad to hear that Phil and Joy are safe. The pictures coming out of the panhandle are horrible. OH
Ps if any of you bought a new generator better check that 240V connection - I discovered my new Briggs & Stratton generator has a NEMA L14-R30 receptacle, many water pumps, etc. use the old L6-20 configuration and the generators don't come with the plug.
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Best news I could get this am.. Our thoughts and prayers continue.. Yinz are TUFF there Phil/Miss Joy!!! ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Phil and Miss Joy's daughter drove up to their house from Panama City the evening of the hurricane. I wonder if she had a home to go back to or can even go back yet. ___Dave
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Good to hear.

Hope and pray they will not be terribly financially hurt.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

djknife13 wrote:Phil and Miss Joy's daughter drove up to their house from Panama City the evening of the hurricane. I wonder if she had a home to go back to or can even go back yet. ___Dave
Dave, were you able to get a hold of Phil directly?
When I talked to him he said all of the phone service was down, including the landline which normally makes it through hurricanes, and of course electricity and Internet service was also down. He seemed to think that it would be weeks before they would even have electricity.
Hopefully things are getting back to normal faster down there than they anticipated.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

orvet wrote:
djknife13 wrote:Phil and Miss Joy's daughter drove up to their house from Panama City the evening of the hurricane. I wonder if she had a home to go back to or can even go back yet. ___Dave
Dave, were you able to get a hold of Phil directly?
When I talked to him he said all of the phone service was down, including the landline which normally makes it through hurricanes, and of course electricity and Internet service was also down. He seemed to think that it would be weeks before they would even have electricity.
Hopefully things are getting back to normal faster down there than they anticipated.
No Dale, Phil said this in on of his posts the evening of the storm. He said they had convinced her that she would be safer at their house and had made it up there. I was glad to read the post because they said she lived in Panama City. After that I didn't s anything else posted. We only talked in PM's.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

It's been a week and I still get a fast busy on Philip's copper line.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks Dave and Jerry. Whoever gets through first please post here at and let us all know how they're doing. ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”