Prayer For My Mom

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Prayer For My Mom

Post by garddogg56 »

Good to hear Dale ::pray::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

That is most excellent news indeed brother!

We may not understand what is happening @ the moment, but the Lord knows what He is doing. We just have to patiently listen for His for voice, and He will lead us through.

God bless you all!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
eveled

Post by eveled »

::pray::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Encouraging news!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Praise God, Dale! He is on the throne.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

So nice to read that your mom is doing better, brought a smile to my face this morning.
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

That is great to know Dale. Thanks for the praise report.
I was wondering how your Mom was doing while praying this morning.

Praise the Lord!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Sure glad to see that she's doing better Dale, will keep yawl in our thoughts and prayers 🙏 ::handshake::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Hi guys, I have an update on my mom and a prayer request for her. She was taken to the doctor today with her eye swollen shut. The doctor that she had talked to on the phone thought it was a scratched cornea which was why she went to see him today. He said this is not a optical problem this a medical problem, and sent her to an urgent care doctor who promptly redirected her to the emergency room.

So far at this point about all I know is that given her two units of blood and because of Covid rules no one but her medical power of attorney can visit her. Her med POA happens to be my sister which means my dad can't even get to see her. He said I "When I kissed her goodbye tonight I felt like I was telling her goodbye for the last time."
The hospital did say they will relax the rules a little bit if it looks like she is in imminent danger of passing away It would be nice if they would allow us to see her while she can still talk and understand what we are saying.
They're doing all kinds of tests on her but they think one of the possible things is that she had a stroke although I did talk to her a little bit on the phone and she sounded very coherent.
Please pray for her and especially for my dad.

God bless you all,
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

May the Lord's grace and peace be in great abundance with your mom, and dad, and your entire family.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Father, bless Dale's mom with Your healing power and a quick recovery. Bless the doctors with Your wisdom. Bless Dale and his family with Your comforting peace. All for Your glory in Jesus's name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dale,
Not the update we wanted to hear. Our desire is for her to be healed and restored. Praying the Lord will be gracious and merciful to your mom and family.
Treefarmer

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Heavenly Father I pray for healing for Dale's mother and for peace and comfort for his father and the whole family. Put your loving arms around them Lord and let your Spirit bless them this day. Father guide the doctors in all their care and the decisions they will make. In the Holy name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
TPK

Post by TPK »

Praying for your family Dale. ::pray::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Sorry to read this, Dale. Let's hope your mom pulls through this quickly. Until, then, I will pray for her.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

dlr110 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:24 pm Heavenly Father I pray for healing for Dale's mother and for peace and comfort for his father and the whole family. Put your loving arms around them Lord and let your Spirit bless them this day. Father guide the doctors in all their care and the decisions they will make. In the Holy name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Steve Warden wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:13 am
dlr110 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:24 pm Heavenly Father I pray for healing for Dale's mother and for peace and comfort for his father and the whole family. Put your loving arms around them Lord and let your Spirit bless them this day. Father guide the doctors in all their care and the decisions they will make. In the Holy name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
Amen
And Amen
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Holy Father... We always depend on you for our comfort and peace during hard times. Father, please be with Dale's Mom and give her that peace and comfort she needs at this time. We also ask that you would comfort all of her loved ones and let them know everything will take place according to your will at this time. We are your children and I know you love us with a love we can't begin to understand.
Thanks you father for the promise of healing that is given in your word. May your perfect will be done!

In the Holy name of Jesus Christ our Savior we pray.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you, David, very well prayed!

Hi guys,
I wanted to give you a quick update on what's happening with my mom.

They kept mom in the hospital Friday night and were running more tests, CT scan and an MRI on Saturday. They're looking for a stroke but there was no stroke to be found. Instead what they found was cancer had made its way into some of the nerves around the left eye, thus causing the swelling. The swelling has gone down now but she cannot open her eye without using her fingers and when she does open it she cannot focus her eye. Along with losing her vision, she has had excruciating headaches.

Due to Covid protocols set by the federal government, it somehow linked into Medicare and Medicaid funding, hospitals are not allowed to let family members into patient's rooms. The one exception is the person who has the medical power of attorney. In my mother's case the medical power of attorney is my sister. She was the logical one to do it as she is closer to her geographically. My sis is about to the point of exhaustion driving back and forth every day and a couple of times not getting out of the hospital until after midnight and then driving nearly an hour to get home. My father is not allowed to go into the hospital and visit my mother at all. I'm sure you can imagine our family frustration with this nonsensical situation!

The plan as last I heard it, and I haven't been updated this morning, is that Tuesday the hospice doctor will do an assessment of mom and determine her needs so they can make her comfortable. Then she will go home with hospice care and possibly some in-home aid.
That's the Cliff Notes of the situation at this point in time.

Thank you all for your prayers. Unless you've been in a similar situation with hundreds of people holding you up in prayer, you probably won't understand just how much those prayers mean to me and my family.

God bless you all,
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

My brother that is what families do, we pray and help one another and we who are believers are
all in the family of God. We are your "prayers warriors" and will be faithful to pray everyday for
your needs. Stay strong.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

UPDATE: Monday evening

I talked with my mom and my sister today, Docs had gotten moms pain under control somewhat with a combination of medications including a steroid. She will be in the hospital until the hospice doctor has a chance to do an assessment on her, which probably won’t happen until Wednesday morning at the earliest, to my understanding. This means she probably won’t go home until Thursday. Aside from that we don’t know much more than we did other than that she did not have a stroke, but apparently the cancer reached the nerve around the left eye and is affecting her vision on that side. Her vision is affected by her eye being swollen shut and when she or her doctor holds her eye open her eyes will not track together. The other thing that is affected is her hearing on the left side as well.

Thank you all for your prayers.
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I am continuing to pray for your Mom daily Dale. You and your family remain in my thoughts.
We always want to see our prayers answered in the way that WE want to see them happen. God's plan is perfect. We have to trust Him.

Heavenly Father, please give Dale and his entire family comfort and peace during this difficult time. Please give Dale's Mom relief from her pain. Let her see the angels you have sent to her side to lovingly care for her at this time. Please give her comfort and flood her with your love.

In the name of our Holy Savior, Jesus Christ we pray.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers continuing.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dale, it's a heavy time for you and your family. Praying God's mercy on all involved. I pray your mother's pain will continue to be controlled.
Treefarmer

FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Dale, along with prayers for your mother and father and your family I will be praying for your sister who is carrying a heavy burden. I have been that POA and care giver for many years. I have no doubt that she has great passion for her responsibilities because that is what it takes. It is an extreme burden.
God bless all of you.
Joe

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”