Really need prayers my friends

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Landersknives

Really need prayers my friends

Post by Landersknives »

Well.....I have some things. Updates in my life. September 18th my mother passed from this life, Dec 5th ,her brother, Tommy passed and 15 minutes ago I get a phone call and my cousin, my moms brother Eddie’s son, James was found dead by his oldest son. Me and James were pretty close. My friends along with my ankle,before thanksgiving, having surgery on it 20 screws and a titanium plate no weight on it still. I just don’t know how much more I can take. I know my Lord is with me but all of this at once is kinda overwhelming for me. Please keep me in your prayers and they are coveted and greatly appreciated. Your friend,Ed.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Really need prayers my friends

Post by Quick Steel »

Ed you have my prayers for your strength and peace. I am very sorry for your losses.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Sorry for so much at one time. Will continue to pray for you.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Ed,
I'm sorry you have faced so much tragedy recently. We will certainly remember you in our prayers. When things like this come our way, it's good to reacquaint ourselves with Job in the scriptures and his troubles. He remained faithful, had a lot of advice and accusations, and God blessed him in the end.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Ed I'm praying for you. May God give you strength, comfort, healing, and peace as you travel through this valley in your life. Remember you have a friend in Jesus who can help you even when no one else can.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

Thank you my friends. Knowledge of your willingness to pray for my family gives me comfort. Being able to share what you are going through with friends is a huge help.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I have you in my prayers Ed. Sometimes it's difficult to understand what the Lord has planned for us, and why. Just know that He is with you throughout whatever may come, and will carry you through if you let Him.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Prayers for you!

“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:1-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Brian Battaglia

Post by Brian Battaglia »

Prayers to you friend. May Gods grace and healing hands be placed on your heavy shoulders.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

I am also praying for you Ed that this season of trouble end and that peace will come over your family and that you can rest in Him. ___Dave
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Father, bless Ed with Your peace and Your strength.
For Your glory, in Jesus' name. Amen

Nehemiah 8:10
Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

May you find your strength in the joy He has over you!
Be blessed knowing He loves you and will not forsake you.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

The verse Steve quoted from Nehemiah as a good one.
I also 23:10 -
"...when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold."

Another verse, in Proverbs I believe, says, " The Crucible is for silver, the furnace is for gold and the Lord tries hearts."

I have always taken comfort in times of extreme trials that the Lord sees something of value in me, and that is why I am in the "refiners fire."
No one in their right mind refines worthless dirt, they only refine dirt and gravel that has ore of value in it! If God is testing you and refining you it is because He sees something of high value in you that He wishes to refine and concentrate!
It really is a compliment!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

Landersknives wrote:Well.....I have some things. Updates in my life. September 18th my mother passed from this life, Dec 5th ,her brother, Tommy passed and 15 minutes ago I get a phone call and my cousin, my moms brother Eddie’s son, James was found dead by his oldest son. Me and James were pretty close. My friends along with my ankle,before thanksgiving, having surgery on it 20 screws and a titanium plate no weight on it still. I just don’t know how much more I can take. I know my Lord is with me but all of this at once is kinda overwhelming for me. Please keep me in your prayers and they are coveted and greatly appreciated. Your friend,Ed.
......prayers sent, ed!!............... ::tu:: ....................
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

All ya can do is keep on fighting....thought Dale said it
best with his quotes, me being a prospector,, I loved them quotes.... you already
know you got a ton of support here on AAPK.....

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/stagman
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I certainly can't quote the scriptures like these other fine folks, but I certainly will pray for you and your family Ed. That is a lot to deal with at one time, but the lord (and us) are with you!
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Prayers sent to you my friend! I have been there and have done that. Having buried four children and a wife I can understand how you feel.

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Our thoughts and prayers Ed..
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I would like to add my thoughts and concerns for you, Friend; I hope for the very best for You and Yours. Sometimes the night seems like eternity, but I suspect that for You the Dawn will come. :) Hang in there.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Still praying Ed. Blessings to you.

https://youtu.be/XQan9L3yXjc
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

orvet wrote:Still praying Ed. Blessings to you.

https://youtu.be/XQan9L3yXjc
Thank you so much my friend!
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I will be in the boot till mid March. I got to go out to the shop for about an hour and a half the other day. Soon I will get back out there and make some progress. My AAPK family you have no idea what you mean to me. :D
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Glad you are doing better. We will keep your name on the list. ::tu::

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”