Prayer request for Mark (Sharp N' Shiny Knives SSk) and Wife

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
WillyCamaro

Prayer request for Mark (Sharp N' Shiny Knives SSk) and Wife

Post by WillyCamaro »

Hey fellars.
Mark Hale and Wife just lost their beloved pooch.
They are kind of having a rough time with it. I was wondering if you wonderful people could send up a prayer or too for them. You all know Mark to be a super nice and decent fellar and i feel they need all the praying they can get at this time.
Thanks guys!
God Bless!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Prayer request for Mark (Sharp N' Shiny Knives SSk) and Wife

Post by orvet »

I will be praying for you Mark, and your wife.
We lost the two best dogs I have known last year.
Lost one in January and one in December.

I think I understand I feel Mark.
God bless you!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Father, bless Mark and his wife with Your peace. Comfort them and lift them up for Your glory in Jesus's name. Amen.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

In my thoughts & prayers
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Sorry to read about the loss of their pooch. Most dogs are certainly correctly identified as "man's best friend" and when they die it leaves a vacancy in our hearts.
Y'all remember the post that was here on the forum about a dog owner signs a difficult contract when they get a puppy? Read Ken's post:
.viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21694&start=945
God bless SSK and his wife as they deal with this. ::pray::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I know exactly what that's like. Very difficult to get through. Sending prayers Skyward for Mark and his Wife. ::pray::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Sorry to read that Mark lost his pup. Pets can hit us hard when they pass, they are family.

I will pray for Mark and his wife.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Very sorry for your loss Mark. Having recently been through it I know there are no words adequate to express what you’re feeling. The healing hands of time and our Lord will see you through. Another dog can help when the time is right. ::nod::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Thank you all. I appreciate Willy asking, that’s something I can’t bring myself to do. She leaves a huge hole in our lives, especially my wife’s, she was her dog, she road with Mary everywhere, slept on her and with her. So much personality. And right now so many reminders, it’s painful.
The lesson we learned is that when they start acting differently you better press the vet harder for answers. Catching this earlier would probably saved her.
Thank you again.
God bless.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Praying for peace for your wife and you.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I will definitely say a prayer. Dogs are wonderful. Part of the family not just a pet. It’s hard when one passes. Condolences for your loss. God bless.
When we are young we outlive them.
When we are old they outlive us.
But they enrich our lives so much to have known them.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Please accept my sincere and heartfelt condolences. Soon we will be in the same situation with our dear Jenny.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you all so much for the kind words. Here is a picture of Maddie on the back of the couch. She would climb up there and just crack us up with putting her head on Mary. If Mary pulled away she would reach her paw out and pull her back. She did so many funny things like this. Every where I go in the house is a reminder of her. Outside too. We put up a wading pool for her. She would go and jump in that and get herself all wet and then tuck her tail under and tear around the yard. Water just amped her up. Oh how she loved being dried off w/ a towel. All this is crushingly painful right now to talk about or remember but I know that over time it will get easier. I haven’t felt this great of a loss since my mom passed away in 2002. Maddie was a part of our family. She was the youngest dog in our pack. I never thought she would be the first to go. I honestly thought that she would outlive me.
Now we only have two dogs. Kobi and Tucker. Neither is as affectionate or as comical as Maddie. Kobi is in the last part of his life. He is a Golden Retriever and is 14. He has an enlarged liver and his back legs and hips are giving out. He could go at anytime. Kobi is my dog. He loves me unconditionally and is as faithful as any dog can be. He saved my life once literally and the other figuratively. When we got him from a client of mine who went to a nursing home, spending time w/ him changed my life and brought me back from the brink. The other time, he put himself between me and 3 dogs that were charging and attacking on the bike trail where we were walking. Kobi ran toward those dogs and got between me and them and protected me. He didn’t think twice about it, it was as natural as breathing to him.
Well I have to stop, it’s getting to me again.
Thank you all again. I have some truely wonderful friends on this forum.
God bless,
Attachments
IMG_0257.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Mary, Kobi, Tucker and you are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I believe that God sent us pets to give us a glimpse of what unconditional love looks like and that pets are closer to perfection than any human will ever be. Sometimes I wonder why exactly God blessed us with such incredible creatures. As you said, over time it will get easier, but right now those are only words.....we feel your pain. Godspeed.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Mark, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Pets become an amazing part of our family.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Mark. I’m sure he had a great life with dog owners that loved him very much. God bless. All dogs go to heaven. Can’t say that about people though.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Mark I've been down the road you find yourself on right now and it's a tough one. Dogs just have a way of wrapping themselves around our hearts. I lost a beloved furry family member a little over four years ago and I still miss him. Time does make it more bearable. The heartache we feel when we lose a pet is the price we must pay for the unconditional love they give us. You're in my prayers.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

They are not called man's best friend for nothing. I know it is so sad when we lose one, but the way i look at it is, think of all the good, funny and pleasurable times you have had with them, this far out ways the sadness. ::pray::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

My condolences to you and your wife, a sad time for sure. God bless. ::pray:: ::handshake::
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...mark, I know how you feel right now!!, we have 13 cats and dogs buried in the back yard right now(since 1958) and it's tough to lose a pet!!.....prayers sent!!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ....................
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Our thoughts and prayers are with ya..
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
TPK

Post by TPK »

Mark,

I know words can not always comfort but as you see by these posts here, we all send you our sympathy, love, prayers & friendship.

Tom
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

TPK wrote:Mark,

I know words can not always comfort but as you see by these posts here, we all send you our sympathy, love, prayers & friendship.

Tom

Tom, thank you. I know it’s been a month and a half since we lost our “Maddie”, but it is still hard. My wife is still grieving this loss. Every time she gets in the car to mail a knife , Maddie would be right there with her and now she isn’t. So many reminders everywhere in the house. We were both in tears yesterday talking about her and looking at pictures of her. She was our constant companion and had so much character, it still seems like the light in our home has gone out. I know time will help and I appreciate the love and friendship and so many here on the forum. Thank you again.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Mark,
About 2 years ago, I had to put my aged and loved dog Abby to sleep. I swore I would never get another. About one month later, I realized I wouldn't be replacing her (I couldn't). They (like people) are individuals. I realized then that so many dogs need a good loving home, and I was feeling selfish for not giving another dog the love they all deserve. I went to the pound and adopted Stella. No, she does not "replace" Abby, but she is a lovable dog who would have been otherwise euthanized. It never gets easier to lose a family member, but when I got over my grieving, I was glad I could save another life. My only re3gret is I can't save them all. Totally different personality, not a replacement, but I love her just as much. Once again, I am so sorry for your loss.....

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”