Prayer request for Mark (Sharp N' Shiny Knives SSk) and Wife

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
OSCAR

Re: Prayer request for Mark (Sharp N' Shiny Knives SSk) and Wife

Post by OSCAR »

Mark. I’m sure he had a great life with dog owners that loved him very much. God bless. All dogs go to heaven. Can’t say that about people though.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Mark I've been down the road you find yourself on right now and it's a tough one. Dogs just have a way of wrapping themselves around our hearts. I lost a beloved furry family member a little over four years ago and I still miss him. Time does make it more bearable. The heartache we feel when we lose a pet is the price we must pay for the unconditional love they give us. You're in my prayers.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

They are not called man's best friend for nothing. I know it is so sad when we lose one, but the way i look at it is, think of all the good, funny and pleasurable times you have had with them, this far out ways the sadness. ::pray::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

My condolences to you and your wife, a sad time for sure. God bless. ::pray:: ::handshake::
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

...mark, I know how you feel right now!!, we have 13 cats and dogs buried in the back yard right now(since 1958) and it's tough to lose a pet!!.....prayers sent!!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ....................
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Our thoughts and prayers are with ya..
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
TPK

Post by TPK »

Mark,

I know words can not always comfort but as you see by these posts here, we all send you our sympathy, love, prayers & friendship.

Tom
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

TPK wrote:Mark,

I know words can not always comfort but as you see by these posts here, we all send you our sympathy, love, prayers & friendship.

Tom

Tom, thank you. I know it’s been a month and a half since we lost our “Maddie”, but it is still hard. My wife is still grieving this loss. Every time she gets in the car to mail a knife , Maddie would be right there with her and now she isn’t. So many reminders everywhere in the house. We were both in tears yesterday talking about her and looking at pictures of her. She was our constant companion and had so much character, it still seems like the light in our home has gone out. I know time will help and I appreciate the love and friendship and so many here on the forum. Thank you again.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Mark,
About 2 years ago, I had to put my aged and loved dog Abby to sleep. I swore I would never get another. About one month later, I realized I wouldn't be replacing her (I couldn't). They (like people) are individuals. I realized then that so many dogs need a good loving home, and I was feeling selfish for not giving another dog the love they all deserve. I went to the pound and adopted Stella. No, she does not "replace" Abby, but she is a lovable dog who would have been otherwise euthanized. It never gets easier to lose a family member, but when I got over my grieving, I was glad I could save another life. My only re3gret is I can't save them all. Totally different personality, not a replacement, but I love her just as much. Once again, I am so sorry for your loss.....
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”