Rest In Peace Tim Butler aka Basser5

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Rest In Peace Tim Butler aka Basser5

Post by philco »

AAPK member Basser5 aka Tim Butler passed away yesterday after a several months long battle with pancreatic cancer. Tim has not been very active here on AAPK of late due to his declining health, but many of you may remember him for his excellent knife photography and bird photography. He was also my go to guy whenever a question about German made cutlery came up. Many times I'd send him a PM about a question someone had raised and soon he'd pop in and provide the answer. I only got to meet Tim in person one time, but we talked on the phone numerous times as well as communicating here on AAPK both publicly and privately and also through Facebook. He was a true gentleman and a very loving father, grandfather, and husband. I know he will be missed by many. Please, if you will, lift up his four children and two grandchildren and his wife and the rest of his family as they mourn his passing. I'm saddened by this but have the joy of knowing that Tim is now with the Lord because he was a Christian and had accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior.

Below is a copy of Tim's obituary information.

Timothy's Obituary
Timothy W. Butler, 56, of Jacksonville, died Sunday, September 8, 2019, at his home.
He was born January 21, 1963, in Quincy, the son of Roger Butler and Sharon Hileman. He married Angela Bell on March 24, 2001, in Literberry, and she survives.
He is also survived by four children, Jonathan (Jessica) Butler of Springfield, Josh Butler of Jacksonville, Breanna Butler of Jacksonville and Cara Butler of Jacksonville; his mother and step-father, Sharon and John Rhodes; two grandchildren, Caylin and Mason; three brothers and one sister, Roger Lynn Butler of Murrayville, Thomas Butler of Murrayville, Ronald McNulty of Jacksonville and Amy Rhodes-Springer of Franklin.
Tim graduated from Jacksonville High School with the Class of 1981, and later earned several associate degrees from Shawnee Community College. He owned and operated Butler Construction and was a volunteer at South Elementary School. He enjoyed fishing, archery, hunting, photography, recreational carpentry and was an avid knife collector.
A memorial service will be held 7:00 p.m. Friday, September 13, 2019, at the Buchanan & Cody Funeral Home in Jacksonville, where the family will meet friends from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. prior to the service. Memorials are suggested to Wildlife Conservation Society. Condolences may be sent online at buchanancody.com.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Rest In Peace Tim Butler aka Basser5

Post by stagman »

Nice tribute to your friend Phil, just another way AAPK shine's !!!

Will
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks Phil for sharing. He was certainly young. I really didn't know him but through his photo's which were fabulous. I had been praying for him since I heard he was sick. Doesn't sound like his kids should be very old either. Glad to hear that he was a believer. ::tear:: ::handshake::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

::uc:: OMG. I knew he had slowed down drastically on AAPK but just figured, like so many others, he was just bored with the forum and moving in another direction. I had intended to drive over and shake his hand sometime when I got down to Decatur to visit my cousin but never made time for the short trip. This is a huge shock and a sad day for AAPK. My best to his family. My ex-sister-in-law and close friend is battling pancreatic cancer. I don't think she has much more time left but she keeps fighting. That just tears me up. Rest in peace Tim. You will be missed. ::tear::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I'm sad to hear this. God bless his family and comfort them in this time of grieving.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I can't stand to read this....so sad, so sad.
56....you gotta be *#*%*#(@ me!!

Deepest sympathies to all involved. ::tear:: ::tear::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

May God be with his Family
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Too soon,prayers.
Roger
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I didn't have a lot of personal interaction with Tim but was always intrigued when I would see his username. Always though of bass fishing with my dad.
I bought a Queen #11 EO from him and that knife is a bit more special today.
God bless his family in their time of grief.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Oh man, that's terrible news. I had many interactions with Tim over the years, and we exchanged knives on more than one occasion. His fondness for German stag was definitely foremost in his knife collecting. He had alot of knowledge and was always willing to share, a very generous man.
He also got his two young daughters interested in knife collecting, and as I have a young daughter with an interest in knives too, that was something that we shared. His daughters actually gifted my daughter Sofia with a fancy little pink Rough Rider lady leg knife, in it's own collector box. He passed on his generous spirit to his kids, so he will live on through them, and those he touched. Rest in peace, Tim.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

::teary_eyes::
Godspeed, Tim.
We will miss you.
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

May he rest in peace, and God be with his family through this tough time ::pray:: ::tear::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Thanks for letting us know, Phil. I was impressed by Tim's superb photography. Very sad news.
Mel
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Very sad news indeed. Always enjoyed Tim's posts and his photographs. Praying for him and his family.

R.I.P. Tim.
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Aw man, I missed this while I was away last week. Hard to read about Tim, he was a solid contributor to the forum, and a decent guy from what I knew of him. My prayers will go out to his family.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

RIP Tim.. You will be missed here..
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”