Fort Worth Church Shooting

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Fort Worth Church Shooting

Post by dlr110 »

Prayer partners please pray for West Freeway Church of Christ and the families of the members that were shot and killed Sunday morning. This is happening far too often.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
eveled

Re: Fort Worth Church Shooting

Post by eveled »

Of course.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Already have prayed for them. Also gave thanks that God put men in place to stop that evil rampage as quickly as they did.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Just don't get why anyone would do something like that.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

samb1955 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:59 pm Just don't get why anyone would do something like that.
That's because you're sane and a decent human being.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Absolutely senseless. Prayers sent Skyward for everyone. ::pray::

_________
Mike
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I will continue to pray.

I found out more about this shooting this morning, the service was live streaming and someone posted a clip of the shooting online. It was over in about 3-4 seconds.
Thank the Lord for a guy in the rear of the sanctuary who walked toward the shooter in the front. He made a nice shot, or it would have been much worse. I believe God put him there.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Hope the fires of hell are warming the shooter. It would have been a lot worse if it happened in one of those left-leaning states. Video shows several members pulling their concealed carry. Texas justice in 6 seconds.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
tallguy606

Post by tallguy606 »

Our church in Louisiana has had preliminary talks about forming a "security detail" of armed ushers for each service. It's a shame it has come to that.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Absolutely horrible.

Our little church out in the county out in some security measures a couple years ago. There are SEVERAL of us who carry (men and women). So we formed a committee, had some training with the local sheriff’s department, put up some outside cameras with an inside monitor, and we’ve made plans. Lord willing we’ll never have to use them.

One thing we did was install doors with crash bars so that you can get out but not in once they’re locked. About half way through the service the guy posted by the doors locks them so that anyone coming in at an odd time is seen on the cameras, and has to be physically let in. Not fool proof but it buys us time.

But the thing that scares me the most is some loon coming to church like normal then going crazy.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:09 pm
samb1955 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:59 pm Just don't get why anyone would do something like that.
That's because you're sane and a decent human being.
Thanks, I must be maturing.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

My thoughts to all my American members at AAPK. After reading all your posts about the security measures having to be taken for a Church and Prayer service, i find it not only a blight on the society we now live in, but just so sad. My prayers to everyone on this sad occasion. ::pray::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

cudgee wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:48 pm My thoughts to all my American members at AAPK. After reading all your posts about the security measures having to be taken for a Church and Prayer service, i find it not only a blight on the society we now live in, but just so sad. My prayers to everyone on this sad occasion. ::pray::
Cudgee when I and some of the other members saw the writing in the wall and began to suggest the measures we have taken about 5 years ago, many of our folks thought we were some kind of out there prepper types. But with a couple of church shooting incidents and the general decline of our culture, they decided we might just be right and were all in favor of it.

One of our big concerns in my area is the high levels of meth and opioid use and abuse. There are just so many dope heads out here. And for a long time we had droves of them showing up before or after services wanting money from the church for “food or gas or some bill”. When they found out we didn’t give out cash, but bought food or gave gas cards etc to those in need, some actually got angry! Thankfully those quit coming around for handouts.

It’s a scary world out there. Even here in Mayberry.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:06 am
cudgee wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:48 pm My thoughts to all my American members at AAPK. After reading all your posts about the security measures having to be taken for a Church and Prayer service, i find it not only a blight on the society we now live in, but just so sad. My prayers to everyone on this sad occasion. ::pray::
Cudgee when I and some of the other members saw the writing in the wall and began to suggest the measures we have taken about 5 years ago, many of our folks thought we were some kind of out there prepper types. But with a couple of church shooting incidents and the general decline of our culture, they decided we might just be right and were all in favor of it.

One of our big concerns in my area is the high levels of meth and opioid use and abuse. There are just so many dope heads out here. And for a long time we had droves of them showing up before or after services wanting money from the church for “food or gas or some bill”. When they found out we didn’t give out cash, but bought food or gave gas cards etc to those in need, some actually got angry! Thankfully those quit coming around for handouts.

My friend it is a world wide problem. The decline in our society is a major concern for me and it is mainly down to - "ice and meth and other opioids. In our rural country towns it is rife and the main cause of crime. I feel i may have gotten off the topic of this thread, it is about the sad event that has happened in your country. I apologise and send my prayers to everyone. The reason for these events is probably for another thread in the political forum.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

cudgee wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:17 am

My friend it is a world wide problem. The decline in our society is a major concern for me and it is mainly down to - "ice and meth and other opioids. In our rural country towns it is rife and the main cause of crime.
You hit the nail on the head. “Pray”.
Robert E. Lee
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Our church has done the very same security standards, though it was instituted a little bit at a time over a few years. I legally carry a concealed weapon when I am in the pulpit, just as I do when performing weddings and funerals, as I do at work, and when going to the gas station...you get the idea.
I do not carry out of fear, but out of love. I could not sit back and watch a gunman kill innocent children and women and not try to do something to stop it. I love people, and I do not want to hurt anyone, but I want to help if I am ever called upon to do so.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Reverand wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:13 pm

Our church has done the very same security standards, though it was instituted a little bit at a time over a few years. I legally carry a concealed weapon when I am in the pulpit, just as I do when performing weddings and funerals, as I do at work, and when going to the gas station...you get the idea.
I do not carry out of fear, but out of love. I could not sit back and watch a gunman kill innocent children and women and not try to do something to stop it. I love people, and I do not want to hurt anyone, but I want to help if I am ever called upon to do so.
I do the same. There’s a 1911 in the pulpit every Sunday, etc.... I just told our people that we have the duty to not only feed the sheep but to protect the sheep as well. Glad to hear we aren’t alone.
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I have a pastor friend who has a CCW and carries most of the time. He preaches in a Spanish language church, having been a missionary on Mexico he is fluent in Spanish.
He had the estranged husband of one of his parishioners draw down on him at a church picnic. He had left his piece in his car as most of his parishioners have different cultural values regarding guns than most native born US citizens.
The man wanted to kidnap his estranged wife at gunpoint and put her in a car. My friend said, "No, you r not going to do that." By staying very calm but firm in his dealings with the man he was able to deescalate the situation and as I recall my friend had the gun from the guy by the time the police got there.
He and I both believe God had a hand in resolving the situation. My friend said if he had tried to draw on the guy, the ending would have been much different, and not in a good way.

I think trusting the Lord and being prepared is the best way to look at the church security issue.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Our safety team reviews scenarios like this every year, Dale, and you are right. Remaining calm, exhibiting love, and de-escalation is exactly what we train for in such situations.
Force is ONLY to be used to stop an active shooter, when all else has failed.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Reverand wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:19 am Our safety team reviews scenarios like this every year, Dale, and you are right. Remaining calm, exhibiting love, and de-escalation is exactly what we train for in such situations.
Force is ONLY to be used to stop an active shooter, when all else has failed.
Yep. Our system is to, best we can, catch anything sketchy before they get into the building. If that doesn’t work, we also have folks scattered through the congregation to assist. We also have a safe sanctuaries policy in place that governs how we handle the kids at church. All involved with kids are background checked, open doors or windows in all classrooms, two unrelated adults in each class, etc.... A sad commentary on our society isn’t it.

In the case you mentioned Dale, your friend did the right thing. The best way to win a gunfight is to not get in a gun fight. But in a situation like the one last Sunday staying calm and talking down a guy who’s already firing won’t work. Churches need to have a plan and procedures imo.

“Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Robert E. Lee
wlf

Post by wlf »

Who could have imagined the anger and hatred in this country now ?
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

wlf wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:22 am Who could have imagined the anger and hatred in this country now ?
Unfortunately it happened before, and possibly worse during the period leading up to, and through the aftermath of the Civil War. That period was marked by a deeply divided country, with vicious politics, a President scorned by half the population. Several Presidents actually, from Lincoln through at least Arthur. Unfortunately both Lincoln and Garfield were assassinated. At the same time there was smuggling, theft (rustling) and gang warfare along the border with Mexico. Newspapers took sides and printed blatant lies and propaganda to further the cause of whatever side they were on.

Sound familiar?

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Way too familiar! ::facepalm::

I weep for my nation. ::teary_eyes::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

wlf wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:22 am Who could have imagined the anger and hatred in this country now ?
God. And He has warned us in His word.
Paul wrote to Timothy (and us) about the anger and hatred to come (emphasis mine) -

1 Timothy 4 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Great Apostasy
4 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

1 Timothy 6 New King James Version (NKJV)
Error and Greed
3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, 4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.

John wrote to us in Revelation

Revelation 6 New King James Version (NKJV)
Second Seal: Conflict on Earth
3 When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come and see.” 4 Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword.

Read to Book. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
Are you ready? If you (or anyone reading this) would like to know more, please send me a PM.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
wlf

Post by wlf »

I know Steve , “evil men and seducers will wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived”.
It’s just hard to fathom how far and how quickly that it’s deteriorated.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”